Discuss Potterton Kingfisher bf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

safc

Hello all.
Was called to a problem of no hot water or heating. Boiler fascial seemed to have no power. Checked the fuses on the control box, all ok. Once i put the control box back into position the boiler fired up ? Now it fires up for a few minutes then goes off for about 10 seconds then fires up again ? Any ideas ?

Hello all.
Was called to a problem of no hot water or heating. Boiler fascial seemed to have no power. Checked the fuses on the control box, all ok. Once i put the control box back into position the boiler fired up ? Now it fires up for a few minutes then goes off for about 10 seconds then fires up again ? Any ideas ?
id first use a meter or tester of some kind to check its not a dodgy conection in the fuse spur seeing as that was where the problem started could also be pump failing and shutting boiler of on heat build up its quite a simple controll system on that boiler power in through stat to gas valve so just a simple test along the line to see whats shutting it of

Did the kingfisher bf have a control panel or are we talking mk rear flue
If so would check out possile dry joints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Kingfisher bf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock