Discuss Potentially being taken to court. What should I do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

It all seems genuine that I have caused this. I don't know how it's taken so long to show, I don't know why they have not told me sooner.

They have said "you've caused the leak, you have to pay"

If they had told me about it, I would have sorted it on a day off so it would have cost me my time and minimal materials. If she was adamant she didn't want me in the house, I could have arranged for repairs to be done.

I don't see how they are allowed to have someone else do the work and bill me for it.

I'm going to speak to trading standards tomorrow then get as much info from the customer as possible. I'll try and avoid going to court but I'm not being bullied in to handing over £300 just like that.

I'm not happy with the way she has gone about things.

Here is a picture sent of the repair.

79_1526230971663.jpeg

Is that a hole in the centre pipe / left one ?

I see the screw hole in the pan is the side fitting type, I`ve seen pieces of wood (3 x 3 x 5" long) stuck to tile`s before now replacing the L brackets.

Is that a hole in the centre pipe / left one ?

It does look like it. I haven't asked about that other pipe yet.

I have text and asked for a copy of the invoice and contact details for the company who did the repairs, I'm going to ask how I could have checked for pipes. just hope the guy isn't the type to start talking down to me.

I'm also going to get the details of the pan and see if it says the pan should be fixed down in the MIs. I'm assuming it will as there is fixing points.

rpm that's a good tip, bit late for this job but will save it happening again.

I'm not a difficult person by any means, probably too easy going if anything. I bend over backwards to help people. I regularly work all hours night and day to get people out of a fix. Even if legally I don't have to pay, I'd be willing to give them £100 as a goodwill gesture as I feel bad about it but she hasn't had the decency to call. Its been pretty much a case of pay up or we'll see you in court.

Reply to Potentially being taken to court. What should I do? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one. This toilet keeps running and stopping...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock