Discuss Poo pipe Literally in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starbs

Im not really sure if this should be in the hall of shame section else where but ive been asked to rejig a bathroom/wc at a house and well ive been lumbered with this.

not only has some joker used a W/C pan connector extension to try and join the soil stack together but failed miserabally the soil stack is a complete mish mash of cast iron hardly attached to the building and plastic.

Anyhow im planning on replacing the lot my current big issue is however the connection through the wall. Anybody know what they've used? It needs replacing Its Roughly where the pan connector pipe work will come though the wall but theres no way ill get a branch and a fitting on to carry on down the roof pitch to the other soil pipe. Could I tip the branch? or is that a complete NO NO. My heads telling me to fit an bend and a pipe to the end of the house but this will in turn cause problems with fixing the main stack pipe.

Help!

Attachments

• shitpipeliterally_zps48120d18.jpg
    shitpipeliterally_zps48120d18.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 127
Use a branch and a 30degree or 15degree bend to get pitch of roof, if that doesn't work you could use a

OsmaS PP Adj. Bend 30° GY 110 S/S

Use a branch and a 30degree or 15degree bend to get pitch of roof, if that doesn't work you could use a

OsmaS PP Adj. Bend 30° GY 110 S/S

would you tip the branch on its edge though? cos I don't think theres going to be the space to get a fitting on the bottom of the branch

It's not ideal but if that's the only way to do it then yes, but make sure you have the branch the right way round. It's not going to look great either.

By the way the soil in the picture is made of lead I think!

id much rather do it the way its supposed to be but they never taught us this kinda stuff on the micky mouse plumbing course I took so its a steep learning curve from here on in I guess id prefer to go across to the outside wall but that would mean using loads of bends to get back to the stack which could mean more risk of blockages. Cheers for your advice the existing piece does look like lead

Hi starbs looking at the sheer angle the waste enters or should i say exits the building thats a huge run so if that run is continuous at the same gradient right through the wall then you should have enough play to remove the waste and raise it up by a good few inches so that you still have run and if its coming out higher you could put a square branch with an angled bend out the bottom of the branch to take the slope of the roof, but this would depend on the gradient of the existing pipe ,,

The biggest problem there is leaving it so the roof doesn't leak below the pipe.
It looks like it's been a problem before with all the bitumen on the "flashing".

That pipework is all lead.

As Kris says, if you come through the wall as close to horizontal from the pan as you can and the exit from the building should be a bit higher.
Fit the "T" on it's back but make sure the sweep on the branch points away from the wall otherwise you may get crap trying to rise up the (vent) branch and start to block.

If you can get the pipe thro' the wall higher it will help the potential roof leak situation.

And it needs spacing off the roof slightly

Last edited:
Use terrain - solvent waste. I would loosen bit through wall, use a y not a tee and out a 22.5 street in the branch for the horizontal bit or 45 on top and sweep into bent and have 22.5 out of the back of Y

Use terrain - solvent waste. I would loosen bit through wall, use a y not a tee and out a 22.5 street in the branch for the horizontal bit or 45 on top and sweep into bent and have 22.5 out of the back of Y

I'm gonna have to get a pen and paper to visualise that.!!

Ah got it, Branch of the Y pointing back to the wall?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Poo pipe Literally in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock