Search the forum,

Discuss Ply lining & sign writing (sorry for the rhyming)! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

So now I have a depo on a van does anyone know the best place to buy ply lining? I see on ebay its about £115 for a transit connect (unfitted). Is this the going rate?

Also, the chap who i got teh van from gave me a number of a signwriting man who does their vans. He reckons for cash (ssshhh...ahem) cash, it'll be about £150 for design, supply & fit. Any comments or other places people have used?

Dying to get going and do some small jobs, looking at further courses I can do but it seems that my local college, Langley, doesn't do much other than un-vented & gas. That's for a year or so when I gain confidence & experience.

What other courses do people recommend? Tiling? Plastering? Further plumbing?

Cheers all

Best regards

Rocket

Ply lining, do it yourself dont buy a kit. Never have sign written any of my vans, advert for whats inside to steal. Tiling is a good one but seen so many bad jobs. A course is not always the answer get some experience with a good tiler if you can naturally further plumbing aswell when your ready

I haven't got my van sign written i have large magnetic signs that I put on.

i can get the copper tube in the back so no one knows what's inside a plain van.
Also helps me to sub contract when I'm quiet as most are not happy when you have a sign written van.

2 great points that I forgot to mention by plumber0808, keep as versatile as poss. Check out shower forums aswell, some great picture of tiling on there.

Thanks all, anyone know a tiler in Slough????

Looking to do all I can to get experience but not easy, I need to keep plugging away.

buy 3/4 ply from a builders merchant,cheap and cheerfull cut it to size your self i plyed out the 110 for about 70 quid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ply lining & sign writing (sorry for the rhyming)! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps just one person. I came to plumbing late in life and went on a course that you qualify in 10 weeks. I was hit with all the negativity that no one...
Replies
Views
This is perhaps a long shot, but anyway... I live in a block of flats in Beijing, and the heating is provided by a metropolitan heating system. The block's system seem to be split into two - top 10 floors and the lower 10 floors are heated separately. My flat is on the 10th floor, and our...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock