Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing training. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

macpi4u

Hello All,

I just enrolled in the City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate (6129) (8 week course), ACS gas and Domestic Electrical Installer incl. Part P. I was trying to find out once I finish the following course work will I have a good chance of being employed in the plumbing industry or should I change up my course work.
I was told if I take the ACE Gas course I really would not need to do the NVQ. Is this true?

As far as i am aware you will need to do at least NVQ 2 before you can undertake ACS assessment, unless you can provide documented evidence of a minimum 5 years experience in the industry even then you will need to provide evidence of working on gas with a qualified and competant installer (CORGI registered) of at least 100 days in the workplace.
You can check this by contacting CORGI and they should be able to tell you the exact requirements, which i recommmend as i am no expert on the legal requirements

Dorset,

thank you for your insite.

I was speaking with a counselor today are Career Advise and they advised me that I would need to go through the NVQ in order to do and thing with gas. So it looks like I need to amend my course. I did not realise that this course was so looked down upon. I have already committed my money. I just hope someone allows me the opportunity to prove that I am a fast learner and a handworker. I am from American and we don't have to go through this type of training. If you go thought a course, then you work on a job site for a few years to gain my knowledge. I never knew it would be so different here.
Are you currently working now in the industry?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been since i left school in 83 and i am now a self employed NVQ Assessor specializing in the 6089.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing training. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock