Currently reading:
plumbers safe tax plan

Discuss plumbers safe tax plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnjswozo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
got home today to find letter from hmrc ,looked like a standard letter basically asking if i would like to pay more tax, which i thought not really,anyone else had one

Yes I got one also ,Its for people that are not paying tax or are getting loads of cash ,So it does not affect us

Lol.....got one today too.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Got one too - i'm glad I'm not the only one to get one though !

Yep I got one too I will be inviting them to come and inspect my books as the Tesco carrier bags full of reciepts under me desk could do with a tidy and the dashboard of me van needs sorting too, and I really could do with another rebate aswell

Saw my post last night had arrived. Is that what went in the bin?

yep i got one too, but havnt broke even yet and av been going on my own nearly 4 yrs

i have been doing this years and am nowhere near 60k a year or nowhere near that in turnover, I wonder will they be sending these letters to other trades and maybe a few MPS also

i have been doing this years and am nowhere near 60k a year or nowhere near that in turnover, I wonder will they be sending these letters to other trades and maybe a few MPS also

Not forgetting the bankers, lawyers, journalists, council officers ...

I jest ... or do I?

Yes the more i think about it it is total rubbish that they are targeting us , Its like a slur on our reputations and that we are dishonest , they should send the letter to everybody in the country if you think about it , what about all the people that sell stuff on ebay

i got one to. does anyone else think it sounds abit like a threat? it ses plumbers who join the plan will not be picked out to be investigated, it might aswell say if you dont join this plan were going to watch you like a hawk forever.

has anyone actually joined the plan or did everyone else throw it in the bin?

has anyone actually joined the plan or did everyone else throw it in the bin?

Bit of an dead thread but I also wondered if anyone took part in the PSTP and if anyone has settled or heard from HMRC.
Their website says that they are working with those that have disclosed.

Anyone finalised it..? How did it go..?

Hi,

Everybody in the country should be receiving these leters from HMRC to give every one the chance to come clean as such, it is no slur on any trade in particular or aimed at certain groups such as self employed.

Christ I am in the Armed Forces and I got one - the government pays me and takes tax,Ni etc before i see the money.

Bobby

Yeah I understand that Bobby. Im merely asking if anyone has successfully completed the PSTP.
I'm not asking for details, just wondering if anyone has done the disclosure. HMRC website says that out of 50,000 plumbers only 600 came forward and it seems that after 4 months no-one (that i can see) in the 600 has finalised yet. HMRC say they are looking at 1000 civil cases (prosecution?).
Just wondering why its taking so long as HMRC have now moved onto Electricians with the same thing.

Smallman, agreed the taxman is trying to scare self employed into coming forward, because they know they can't afford the resources to investigate every self employed person to make sure they are paying all their tax.

Interesting they now moved on to sparkys, they gonna work their way through each trade, finishing up with mobile hairdressers lol.

They are coming after everyone. Trade by trade: HM Revenue & Customs: HMRC Campaigns

I think the "e-Marketplaces" scheme will be a big un'. Anyone selling stuff in volume on eBay is in their sights.

The thing with the Plumbers scheme is they approached 50,000 people and only 383 people actually disclosed so they have 48,617 who they deem to be hiding something..?

I haven't heard of any plumber or non-plumber (as its open to anyone) thats actually done the PTSP and certainly no-one that has finalised with HMRC.

I guess if anyone has disclosed (even if they have been successful) they are keeping schtum. Would be interesting to know if anyone has been through the process and come out the other end in good shape though..!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbers safe tax plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock