Discuss Please can anyone answer 3 questions about central heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Sorry I wasn’t having a go but it had been said several times
No I know you're trying to help, but I've put all these suggestions to an engineer. He said draining and refilling the system wouldn't help, that he had no concern about the new TRVs that had been fitted, that I would need to keep bleeding the system as the noise was being caused by air, that the location of my room stat is not an issue. I do have faith in what he told me and he's offered to come back but it's taking too muc to solve the problem of the gushing sound in the pipes and rads but I wondered if I should be better informed or I'll just keep going over the same suggestions!

No I know you're trying to help, but I've put all these suggestions to an engineer. He said draining and refilling the system wouldn't help, that he had no concern about the new TRVs that had been fitted, that I would need to keep bleeding the system as the noise was being caused by air, that the location of my room stat is not an issue. I do have faith in what he told me and he's offered to come back but it's taking too muc to solve the problem of the gushing sound in the pipes and rads but I wondered if I should be better informed or I'll just keep going over the same suggestions!
The valves on the other end of the radiator may be restricted down to much. That causes noise.

The valves on the other end of the radiator may be restricted down to much. That causes noise.
Ok that's interesting. Would it be a gushing, coursing noise as if water is being forced through the rads and pipes? It's much worse if the boiler pressure is up to maximum. I've turned down the boiler pressure and eliminated the noise from the rads in my living room (still noisy in the hall and bathroom but they don't bother me). Trouble is, with the boiler pressure turned down, of course, the rads don't get so hot (ok for now but might not be ok when winter sets in).

Ok that's interesting. Would it be a gushing, coursing noise as if water is being forced through the rads and pipes? It's much worse if the boiler pressure is up to maximum. I've turned down the boiler pressure and eliminated the noise from the rads in my living room (still noisy in the hall and bathroom but they don't bother me). Trouble is, with the boiler pressure turned down, of course, the rads don't get so hot (ok for now but might not be ok when winter sets in).
How are you changing pressure??

Reply to Please can anyone answer 3 questions about central heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock