Discuss Please can anyone answer 3 questions about central heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

do you have TRV's on radiators where room stat is ? are your radiators sized correctly ?
do you have TRV's on radiators where room stat is ? are your radiators sized correctly ?
Interesting you should ask - I do have TRVs on the rads where the room stat is, but I didn't until the first engineer drained and refilled the system and fitted them. However, the 2nd engineer wasn't concerned about them. I believe the rads are sized correctly.

I would say take a video of this sound but we will obviously never get a true representation of it. I would be very surprised if the water was boiling as your boiler and system would be bouncing off the wall from memory I believe you said you had some TRVs changed I think you have to start there
Thanks. I recorded the noise on my phone and it wasn't representative of the noise. The replies on this forum keep coming back to the TRVs, as you said. The original engineer fitted TRVs where there hadn't been TRVs.

Shouldn’t have TRVs in the same room as the stat as they will constantly fight against each other
Thanks again. That's the message I'm getting on this forum. If I was handy, I'd remove the TRVs (I know it's not that difficult to do, but I couldn't do it). I'll ask an engineer. Interesting that you say the noise isn't likely to be caused by the high temperature of the water. Appears I can discount that as a cause and go back to concentrating on air in the system and/or the TRVs.

And as was said in your original thread the stat shouldn’t be in the same room as TRVs

I believe you said that the stat was originally in the hall with no problems. I’d be tempted to put it back

Reply to Please can anyone answer 3 questions about central heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock