Search the forum,

Discuss Pipes behind dot & dab?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Do you guys do anything other than taping pipes when there running behind plaster board or in chases??

Metalised tape or similar to allow detection by customers/homeowners & try and not run pipes in daft places.

If individual person wanting work done then pictures with measurements/location of pipes in room where it is located behind the dot & dab holding the boards up.

At least that way if they accidentally drill/put nail through then you are blameless,

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Andy

For copper I use stitched hair felt mostly. Taped sometimes and for gas.

Only use plastic for 10mm rad drops, this I use trace tape on nhbc builds.

Obviously keep pipes straight. Fully encase gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipes behind dot & dab?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m hanging a double radiator onto a dot & dab wall. I’m going to drill through the plasterboard & knock the brown plugs through to the masonry behind for a solid fixing, would this be ok?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming this week to install/reconfigure the pipework for new radiators. The walls are solid brick and as I am installing insulated plasterboards, we agreed...
Replies
Views
What is the recommended way to conceal a 1.5M, 40mm shower waste pipe? We have 30mm gap behind the plasterboard which will be renewed. Would you chase the block 10mm or go into the concrete floor? What are the safety concerns of doing either? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock