Discuss pipe slice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Is it me or does a pipe slice never seem to last more than 6 months , my last one has suddenly decided to not work and now cuts so far into the pipe then just wont cut any deepr so i have to snap the pipe .....grrrrrr

Is it me or does a pipe slice never seem to last more than 6 months , my last one has suddenly decided to not work and now cuts so far into the pipe then just wont cut any deepr so i have to snap the pipe .....grrrrrr

Monument last me about 6 months kopex last me longer about 9 months to a year

I think using a blunt blade must damage them, I keep meaning to get new blades but keep forgetting lol

Have you cut through 3/4 recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its called dirt!

open them up give them a good clean and a little oil, change the blade as 1/2mm wear on the wheel means it wont cut .75mm pipe wall.
biggest culprit for this is painted pipes.

I've had mine for about 7 years now, I strip it regularly and give it a good blast with WD40 and change the wheel when it has lumps out of it.

The new pipeslices seem to be garbage the past couple of years. The springs are useless and i've had them threading straight out of the packet. Probably made in some far flung corner of the world for 2 bob a time. Get rothenberg ones from a merchant and the first time they play up fire them back for a new set.

I never seem to have one long enough for it to wear out, the cheeky little buggers roll away from you when you put them down and dissapear off the face of the earth.....there must be a mound of them somewhere, due to there colour they blend in with everything.

Am i the only one that has that problem, also pipe machine formers...lost count off the amount of them i have lost over the years.

Should we ask the manufacturers to stop making grey tools, and to recolour them bright yellow.

I never seem to have one long enough for it to wear out, the cheeky little buggers roll away from you when you put them down and dissapear off the face of the earth.....there must be a mound of them somewhere, due to there colour they blend in with everything.

Am i the only one that has that problem, also pipe machine formers...lost count off the amount of them i have lost over the years.

Should we ask the manufacturers to stop making grey tools, and to recolour them bright yellow.

I've lost two 15mm ones this year,I've thought about spraying them a bright colour too. I lost my 22mm slide too,ordered another one and a week later found 2 spares in my shed!

or maybe you should go to specsavers ???:tongue3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe slice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock