Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe lagging ?asbestos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RachelE

Hi, I have just started renovating my Victorian terrace (1890) and found this lagging around the pipes under the floorboards. Am I right in thinking this is just old felt lagging? Or is there any risk it could be asbestos? Up close it looks like brown fibres/hair.

Also would you remove and replace with foam insulation or just put foam over the top?

Thanks,
Rachel

Attachments

• IMG_2925.jpg
    IMG_2925.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2924.jpg
    IMG_2924.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2929.jpg
    IMG_2929.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2927.jpg
    IMG_2927.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
looks like felt or horse hair to me horrible stufff still use your breathing mask to remove it. if you are still unsure have irt tested

Hair felt lagging / cover just use a mask when removing and you will be fine

Also perfect time to inspect all your pipes, your looking for anything that is looking green or damaged, if you find anything might be best to replace that section

As above, hair felt !
Do not go near it with a blow torch !
It burns like a tumble weed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe lagging ?asbestos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Ideally, I want to cut these redundant pipes out. I’m pretty sure this is hair felt insulation but I’m a sparky by trade so not familiar with pipe...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Worcester Danesmoor 20/25, about 18 years old. B11 burner. We came home a few days ago to find our boiler in lockout, and not wanting to restart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock