Discuss pipe carrrier? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

everflow09

hi all.
need to make some more space in van so thinking about buying a pipe carrier for roofrack but not sure on which one to buy?
does anyone have any recommendations or advice? has anyone got the van gaurd one or then rhino one? which is better as want one that is tough as bloke in plumbs recons someone cut the end of his mates off.

thanks

Well I have a van guard and had all the pipe stolen as the ands are cast aluminium ,and as I found out a sharp crack by a hammer the alli pad lock clasp just cracks open for the tube to be emptied of its contents of tube !!, have now drilled and fitted a steel clap to go over end

So van gaurd is getting not many points from me !!!
:(:(

imho

I've got the rhino ones but don't bother locking them. If they want the pipe they can help themselves and leave the tube.
If you want a cheap one use a 4" soil pipe with a couple of access caps.

Got rhino 3metre tube paid about ÂŁ115 online.

2 lengths of 4 inch with caps on top of my van. Dont tend to leave copper in there, certainly not a amount id be arsed about getting robbed. Cost effective way of getting your pipe to the job.

Another vote for capped 4" soil pipe. If they're going to nick it they'll find a way, and those who are experienced are hard to beat. Some even see your pipe carrier, whatever you have, as a handy pipe carrier and will simply cut off the brackets and nick the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe carrrier? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
All, We have an old soil pipe stack which has an inner diameter of 90mm. I presume it is a pitch fibre soil pipe (it's not cast iron). I...
Replies
Views
Had a job booked in this morning, renew all rads in the property. Downstairs rads are in solid floor so customer said just change rads and alter...
Replies
Views
Hi. I wonder if anyone could shed any light on this. We have a first floor bathroom. Everytime we drain the bath, the bathroom sink (which is...
Replies
Views
Here they are! Totally refreshed for this year. We have given a makeover to all of the BOXSET range. All options are now presented in smart...
Replies
Views
365drills
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock