Discuss pig Looking for a Pimp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw on tv 'buff builders' - why not get a sex change?

You may find it easier to get work if you improve your 'assets'! Then you could offically advertise like your thread title says. You could even start a business called 'TV plumbers' . . .

Would be quite popular down here in Brighton!

Hmmm I get the feeling that theres a few plumbers out there that wouldn't mind a female trainee lol but as much as im open to do pretty much anything, thats probally the line at the moment...

Lol! You titled the thread "pig looking for a Pimp" so maybe you want to, deep down....

and then next years appentice of the year is.......................

The entrants are:

'Shemale Plumbing Services'

'Ladyboy Plumbing and Heating'

'Chicks-With-Ball-Cocks'!!!!!!

My favorite is the last!

Sean - just giving you a little idea of the kind of humour (mainly directed at you!) you will have to put up with as a trainee plumber!

Sean - just giving you a little idea of the kind of humour (mainly directed at you!) you will have to put up with as a trainee plumber!
Im fully aware of that lol its part of the trainee job descrisption aint it? lol...

Back on to subject thou, im going to be sending my CV to all the local plumbers again... now do I use my first post as a covering letter obviously changed about a little bit or is that a bit to formal? I hate CVs, I dont feel like im very good at them, I can work alot harder and perform alot better than i can write a CV, and besides, they are a postcard from the past, they tell people what ive done not what I can do, and if I was to list everything I can do I'll have a 10page long CV that no1 will read because no1 likes reading CV's.

And while im on CV's ive got a question to all you real world plumbers... can a bloke sound too good and desperate in a CV? Do plumbers prefere the basic, Im Sean I done the 6129 course, I like golf and Ive worked here here and here? or do you want the whole, determined indivual with an ethusiastic approach bla bla bla...

Or do I be different and Combine a covering letter with a CV?

Maybe better to send a 1 page letter, listing your skills as well. Keep it short or no one will read it!

I get letters through every month - most go in the bin when I see they are asking for work! That is is my situation however . . . Most plumber will not be asred to read a cv though - maybe offer one in your letter - and do a follow up call to check the situation. Keep the CV to a couple of pages only.

I started like this. not so many years ago - and had no luck at all. I had to bite the bullet, gather my 'kahonas' and launch myself bravely into self employment. You may have no other choice in the present climate. Many of the guys approaching me now with the 6129 are offering to work for free!!!

Good luck with whatever you do anyhoo!

Get a list of alot of plumbers addresses. Go and knock on all the doors and say I need to work for free. If no joy ask can you call back in a couple of weeks, don't say next week that's too early. Say things like "don't mean to keep bugging you but you know what its like if you don't ask you don't get"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pig Looking for a Pimp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate. I live in Lancashire and attended college in Leeds so don’t mind travelling anywhere in the north...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm 22 years old and I'm currently on a plumbing apprenticeship where I'm working for a company that focuses on temporary cold water...
Replies
Views
D
Hi my name is David. I'm 29 years old. I live in South West London. I spent 2 years doing my City & Guilds Level 2 & 3 of the 6128 Plumbing and...
Replies
Views
Davidade
D
Hi Forum Im Alan 32 from Essex looking for work as a Plumbers mate/Improver Ive Completed my City and Guilds 6129 Level two and also got a Cscs...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
Hi, my name is Remik, I would ask for any help in my research, becouse I'm looking for professional and trustworthy plumber or company in East...
Replies
Views
Remik Kosetka
R

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock