Discuss pig Looking for a Pimp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of started to give up with plumbing but honestly can't find another job I'd enjoy as much so I'm sticking with my guns and i am going to sit it out until I make it as a plumber, so anyone willing to train me will be rewarded with the hardest working plumbers mate on the Market
Thanks again
Sean

It's tempting VERY but I've only got basic tools, no van anymore as insurance company wanted £1500 to change my address for the last 4 months of my policy so I had to revert back to a car and I've got no money for advertising etc

I work out of a car as I can't afford van insurance. Nothing to it. Your first jobs will only be small anyways. Biggest thing you'll get is a bathroom and even then you can get the stuff delivered on site. 3m lengths of pipe aren't half as big when you chop them in two. Get on it! Also don't take on any jobs you don't think you can do.

Just a bit scary lol big wide world of self employment lol but the reason I did the course was so one day I could work for myself. I think if I don't get any luck anytime soon I'll go for it what's the worst that can happen

Yeah it feels big but you will get regular customers who want you to maintain their plumbing work because your cheap enthusiastic and good (most importantly). If you get 12 customers and 2 jobs a month off either one thats all the people you'll have to deal with. Also I would tell them you do general work as well as painting plasterboarding and bits of joinery that way there is always something to do. If you dont do any of that if you have a friend offer to work for free with him and learn or offer a tradesman doesnt matter if he's a plumber you will need to learn to plasterboard anyway. I learnt it off working with a joiner.

Ive done a few days labouring with a few plasterers as my aim is to specializing in complete bathroom refurbs inc plastering and tiling and im a dab hand with most diy stuff so that shouldn't be a problem.

Im doing a day with my mate on monday, gonna see if he will let me tag along everyday for a few months so i can get the feel for it and then gna grow a pair and go on me own hopefully. Wish me luck! lol

Sounds like your doing the right thing. If someone wants a bathroom installing they will generally ask for a bathroom installer not a plumber anyway and its satisfying work generally. Can be a pain if the walls are really squint but it's something you gotta check before you give your quote.

start with small jobs only, working from your car, build it up from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pig Looking for a Pimp. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate. I live in Lancashire and attended college in Leeds so don’t mind travelling anywhere in the north...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm 22 years old and I'm currently on a plumbing apprenticeship where I'm working for a company that focuses on temporary cold water...
Replies
Views
D
Hi my name is David. I'm 29 years old. I live in South West London. I spent 2 years doing my City & Guilds Level 2 & 3 of the 6128 Plumbing and...
Replies
Views
Davidade
D
Hi Forum Im Alan 32 from Essex looking for work as a Plumbers mate/Improver Ive Completed my City and Guilds 6129 Level two and also got a Cscs...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
Hi, my name is Remik, I would ask for any help in my research, becouse I'm looking for professional and trustworthy plumber or company in East...
Replies
Views
Remik Kosetka
R

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock