Currently reading:
Phill the bucket

Discuss Phill the bucket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The think the spelling of forum might have been a clue ?

he inboxed me the other day to come along anfd train in gas works as he is currently doing bathrooms etc

susposed lives near me

Not heard from him ,
not seen what he's done either apart from getting it wrong on updating boilers /cylinders ,

something i missed??

never read that thread lol

no not heard as said i will get back to him

in fairness tho i do think posters do on occasions get ganged up on but still cant come on forum sounding off

I don't know why he wasn't told exactly how to do it?

When ever supper posts he seems to be a bit of a target.

I don't know why he wasn't told exactly how to do it?

When ever supper posts he seems to be a bit of a target.

Yes he does get a hard time, but the guys not a plumber! He's learning the trade in people's houses. That ain't right, he's everything I don't like about the trade.

I don't think he was a target, but he needs to learn that the best way to adjust the temp is to refer to the MI's. He was pointed in that direction. He now knows that that's the place to look, rather than posting on here for every different make of shower he needs to adjust.

Well that's how I see it.

To be fair, Phil had a point, just didn't convey it in an appropriate manner. There are some poor attitudes from some regulars on this forum towards posters.

To me Supper seems a bit of a contradiction. One minute he's posting seemingly well thought out advice.Almost coming across that he's been in the trade for a while, the next he's asking asking a basic question to which he seems unable to grasp a solution from a list of well informed replies. I'm sure he's a well meaning bloke but with the shower boiler post it was almost like he was setting himself up for a fall.

I think the biggest problem with unknown posters is that some will think questions which appear obvious and straight forward to them, should also be to the (unqualified) person asking the question........BUT, is it a wind up or not? I've read posts and thought "he's avin a laugh...he hasn't just asked that on a public forum and expects someone to give a reply.......does he?"

he asked, about 3rd post i suggested he adjust the mixer valve, many posts later he's managed to do it!! Sorry, but I dont believe he should be going near customers at present and charging if he doesnt comprehend the basics of plumbing a mixer shower. The other issue is, whats wrong with google triton shower manuals etc to find out how first, then he wouldnt look quite as daft as he does sometimes, trier he may be but some poor saps going to be flooded idc, I just hope sp has adequate liability cover in force.

and hammers that was me that messaged you! unless ptb had been messaging you as well?!?

ah just seen that mixer shower thread, whats wrong with taking it apart to have a look to see how to adjust it? lol the guy is a professional amateur plumber wannabe IMHO!

he asked, about 3rd post i suggested he adjust the mixer valve, many posts later he's managed to do it!! Sorry, but I dont believe he should be going near customers at present and charging if he doesnt comprehend the basics of plumbing a mixer shower. The other issue is, whats wrong with google triton shower manuals etc to find out how first, then he wouldnt look quite as daft as he does sometimes, trier he may be but some poor saps going to be flooded idc, I just hope sp has adequate liability cover in force.

Also not forgetting Triton have an app for iPhone and android which is pretty useful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Phill the bucket in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back