Discuss Perfect Plumbing Van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vauxhall astravan 1.7 sportive for me, fits everything i need, quick and looks pretty good :)

Fiat Doblo at the moment. Surprisingly spacious but really miss my berlingo as it had the best shelving in it and everything had a place. Need to get same done in the Doblo but yet to find a decentish price

i shamefully reversed my old bosses transit into a MASSIVE tree, completly broke the exhaust off, dented the roof ladder, the back door, and no dout more. so, ofcourse, not to blame the accident on myself, i wouldnt suggest a transit as it has very poor blind spots! not my fault at all. the Massive, 300 year old tree just appeared from nowhere!

i am now comfortable in my lil citroen berlingo :) (no space at all but less accidents!)

ive been looking at getting a citreon dispatch i think these are a decent size

That's what I have in black , if you get one you must get dead locks fitted as they are weak , plus bulk head

SWB medium hi-top Transit I don't know how i managed when i had a smaller van. I'm sure even if i had a 7.5 tonner i'd still manage to fill it.

My pal just bought a astra van , looked at the room in the back , said it's big enough for him, got me thinking is it worth carrying stock in my van , he dos not , said if he needs anything he drive to a nearby shop .

You've got to strike a compromise with vans. I had a LWB, high top Renault Master when I was employed and it was great for the amount of stuff you could carry but there were a lot of places that you couldn't get it.

At the moment I'm working out of my Land rover 110. It's a wee bit on the small side but I can manage out of it with a bit of planning and I can always hook my trailer on the back if needed.

Long term I want to get a Land Rover 130 with a workshop back. This will give me all the room I want but retain the go anywhere ability that is so handy with the 110.

I'm looking out for a van at the moment.

I want something smaller at least at first - my short list at the moment is Berlingo, Transit Connect or Vauxhall Combi.

The Berlingo is good as there's lots about. Hadn't looked at the Connect but had a mooch round a nice LWB at the weekend which had a lot of space and was impressive (although too many miles on the one I looked at). Not that taken with the little Vauxhall but the prices aren't bad.

I'd like one without a bulkhead as I could post long stuff over the roll forward passenger seat - is there any reason that not having a bulkhead is a bad idea?

Any advice much appreciated!

I've had a van without a bulkhead as a rental before now and was very paranoid about stuff being thrown forward in the event of a collision, plus tea leaves can easily see whats in the back.

On my previous van I cut a section out of the bulkhead under the passenger seat so pipe would fit in.

without a bulkhead, contents of rear can be seen from front windows. also front doors may be less thief proof then rear ones, a bulkhead would act as a deterrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Perfect Plumbing Van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock