Search the forum,

Discuss Perfect Plumbing Van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Drive a Citreon Berlingo 1.6hdi lx. Although small in comparison with vivaro, transporter, transit I cant fault it. Comfy, economical and paid for !

At my current job, we do drive alot of vans, including Transits & Transporters. Unfortunately although the Transit Van has great space and a great dash/drivers area (2007+ Transits), they are very rattly and we have had a fair few problems at work with them.

The Transporter - My personal favourite doesn't have as much space, although thats what roof racks can be use for, its better built.

If you have got the funding go for the Transporter, if not, my second choice would be a transit.

I have also driven Vivaro's (although the economy is good, the dash/drivers area isn't great) and Vito's is ideal too, but its in a price range similar to the Transporters.

Does anyone have any feedback on the 'New Combo' or has anyone ordered the new 'Transit'>???

Hi guys,
Renault Trafic LWB, (Silver)
Racked out on drivers side with internal tube rack constructed into lower part of racking just to the side of the rear wheel, just pokes through bulk head under seat out of sight. Takes full 3 metre tubes. Keeps tube out of site of thieves, no roof rack needed so just passes under most car park barriers.
No rack on roof, magnetic removeable signs, so when parked out of site just looks a courrier's van, not one full of tools.
Locked steel van volt bolted to floor
Some say dashboard sloped and slippy and can't put stuff on....... That's what the back of the van is for. .
40 Plus to the gallon.
Love it. :)

no such animal if your doing nothing but boiler services a small van is good if you do kitchens you need the length for work tops mine is a lwb high roof transit everything is inside ladders tube steps hundreds of fittings screws tools power tools as i never know what im doing next

I liked the look of those landrovers with a giant racked box on the back. Used by the utility companies.

When it snows, you would have a nice 4WD van, with all your stuff inside, and a 3KW generator if required. Which means it will boil the kettle!!

i seen a loverly united utilitys van very smartly racked out all on runners etc the side door bulled out like a book shelf no need to even climb in the van ! seen the 2 lads loving the kettle feature though. but it didnt look like it had a generator ? and engine was off ? maybe i caught them after it had boiled !

Maybe, but a lot of them do have generators or big invertors. I'm no expert but I'm gonna try and get one for my next truck. Last year skidding around in the snow was no fun at all. I ended up staying at home and had some people almost begging me to come out. One bloke even offered to come pick me up in his 4X4 and drop me off as he had a burst pipe just down from the main.

I did get to him though. Got my dad to drop me off in his Navara. Got a massive job off the back of it. So I know the value of being reliable in the bad weather.

You just need winter tyres... and chains for when it's really icy... So few people in this country use winter tyres but they make a huge difference... far cheaper than running a 4x4. Interesting to see so many 4x4 on the news this week in the floods... they seem to think "I've got a 4x4 so I am invincible and can go anywhere"...

Yeah but I have so much weight in the back and the van is front driven so I think even with winter tyres I'd still be on a hiding to nothing. Food for thought though as I don't currently have a spare ÂŁ15K for some silly reason.

wouldnt mind kitting the van out with a kettle etc ! when i need a brew ! look for it when buying a van.

or maybe just get a special kettle ! although a new van is a better toy !

I liked the look of those landrovers with a giant racked box on the back. Used by the utility companies.

When it snows, you would have a nice 4WD van, with all your stuff inside, and a 3KW generator if required. Which means it will boil the kettle!!

Picking mine up next Tuesday hopefully.

130 by Mike Jackson1, on Flickr

That's a bit ugly like!

I think a large van with mini kitchen, armchair and tv would be good for tea breaks . . . .

I miss my big transit van as when on installs it is impossible with anything else!

This is the ********* van.

21687_10151104385797014_128623182_n.jpg

46060_10151104385402014_1855422719_n.jpg

Its an Ex-Police Prison van

291710_10151104385362014_286142776_n.jpg

With 2 x extra seats in the back to make it a 5 seater

(Seats and Prison Cage removed)

Just got to get it badged up now

Seats in the back and for the best models its a free ride in the prison cage for them....

306800_10151104385442014_119236275_n.jpg

In here ladies......

http://*********.com/Gadget/drilling_tiles.jpg

That's a bit ugly like!

I think a large van with mini kitchen, armchair and tv would be good for tea breaks . . . .

I miss my big transit van as when on installs it is impossible with anything else!

No taste. How can you call a land rover ugly? They are a thing of beauty.

So would you get a transit connect or a Peugeot partner 2.0 HDI? These are the options I am considering?

anyone got any ideas for an ideal starting van?
was thinking something like a ford transit SWB or MWB

I've a Peugeot Partner, ok van but its like playing Tetris with the gear.I need to get a bigger one.

what do people think of the Peugeot boxer, the Citroen relay/jumper or the renault master?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i know but i would be working in france, so it would be easier to have a french van, although i am considering a ford transit MWB medium height

so dont get a ford or you wont have any spares, got to go frog like and get a merc:)

I shudder to admit it, but, I liked the Vauxhall Movano and Renault Master vans that I had when I was at Iguana/eagaheat/CES. I absolutely loathed the transit. The main issue I had was with the long service intervals and the cheapskates at the lease company. Service interval was 24K, brake pads lasted around 30K. Surely the sensible thing would be to change them at 24 but no they're not due so let's just leave them until the brakes ail at 30K and new discs are needed as well. Apparently it was my fault as I should have checked them! The company didn't deem me competent to change my own wheels but were confident that I could check the brakes. A simple thing like a wear sensor would have helped but the first indication I got was when I stood on the brakes and a horrible screeching sunded from under the van.

was thinking of getting a vw passat est to use for jobbing and use the big van in installs to save on diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Perfect Plumbing Van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock