Discuss Perfect Plumbing Van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
What's the perfect Van for plumbers? And what Van have you got?

If you have pics, please attach them to your thread.

Thanks.

Nice Van there mate. Any other plumbers fancy replying?

The perfect van would be the VW Transporter. Dont care if the backs not big enough all i know is it is by far the best van i have driven (dont have one unfortunately). A popular choice seems to be the Vauxhall Vivaro. I hate this van due to the front cab and dash as there is no where to rest anything because the dash is all slopey. The Ford Transit has the best dash.
I actually drive an LDV Pilot (Sherpa) for my job with the council and it is most definately the worst van ever made, for myself i have a Renault Kangoo which is probably the second worst van ever made.

Navy Blue Mk6 SWB Medium roof Transit.Well racked out.Youngman trade 3 tier ladders and Rhino tube on the roof I'll take some pics and attach 'em.
T300 100bhp

Last edited by a moderator:
Well at present I have a peugeot expert, the old shape and I love it and considering it is French that’s good coming from me, I got it because I wanted more room in the front as my son came with me for a while and you have the three seats before I had a Vauxhall combo, another great van, really nippy but not much room in cab
I have had it a few years now and has been really reliable, love the gear box and the big over head shelf in cab, plus two side doors, I even have little buttons on the steering wheel to control the radio :)
However was looking at newer ones and think they are to big up front meaning the back not as big as it looks
I was looking at the VW Transporter, looks a very nice van, good reports, saw a black one this morning looked the bis, but not sure I would pay the premium for the badge, as plumbing vans do tend to get abused
Anyway have been looking around and out of all the vans I have had, I always come back to the transit, £ for £ you can not beat it, thinking of getting a short wheel base, thats all I need, the turning and maneuverability are second to none, parts and servicing is cheap, the any down side is that I will have to be disciplined and not fill it with junk that I will never use :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i have an 07 vivaro, its a great van. Very cheap for such a new van, look smart, pretty nippy and gd on fuel. Iv driven T5 transporters and there not much nicer, they're just rediclously expensive.

transit 350 125psi jumbo in red.
very fast, top speed, ahem! at least 118mph
every thing goes stealthly inside, rip of mag signs and increases security and window knockers.

As a newbie last year I started with a Transit Connect (LWB) with a decent roof rack. Not regretted it at all. Felt that parking could be a problem with a larger transit or Vito or whatver as well as being more expensive.

8' x 4' sheets of wood fit on the roof rack and 3m lengths of pipe fit inside ... just. 45mpg and reliable.

I'm not saying it's everyone's cup of tea but 18 months on and I still don't wish I'd bought anything larger or more fancy. If my next van can have a heated windscreen, air con and no swimming pool, after it rains, under the pedals, I'll be happy has Harry or Larry.

VW Transporter for me.

Not the biggest but in my mind the best. I have had extra racking put in to create pigeon hole for various fittings, tools and step ladders etc that saves space and the usually mess. Seating is comfortable and it is quite nippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Perfect Plumbing Van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock