Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Osma ufh problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi does anyone know of any technical helpline for OSMA UFH? Customer has 2 loops (same room) on a large manifold that don't appear to work. The actuators appear to work (blue band) showing when the stat is calling but that's about as much as I know on this system. Anyone had this problem before? Thanks Jim

Is there heat at the blending valve? Is there a two port? Has it ever worked?

Hi guys, no two port valve that I've seen (like used on uponor). I did pull off the actuautors to see if / how they operated. the pump is rumning because other circuits fro the manifold are working.

A mate today said take the actuators off for 24 hours and see what happens with the system running. Seems sensible but didn't want to return unless I'd researched it a bit better. The actuators are like a clip fitting in that you press a centre clip and gently lever it off.

Thanks

Jim

There's heat at the blending valve, all loops working apart from 2 that feed one room. There's a programmable stat in each room and the one in the cold room is calling and the actuators are visually working. Seems too much of a coincidence that the two failed actuators (of 8 that are on the manifold) feed the same room? a bit baffling.

Relay on stat or in wiring center. Take two heads of another zone and put them on cold one. Bet it heats up, put them on the "working" zone bet cold

No I did fully opened the flow regulators..no change. I'll try Ermintrude's suggestion :) are the items for this system still available? A bit of a look on google and Wavin appears with OSMA??

Osma Wavin stuff is re branded heatmiser
And pins are not stuff closed!

Thanks Gray

not sure what you mean by 'and pins are not stuff closed?'

Got it - stuck closed. No I've checked the pins. They move up and down when pressure's applied so I have to assume they're working. I take it with the pin pushed down the loop is opened up so heats the room and with the pin free to move up the loop is closed and so no heat?

connect hose to manifold flush out the two circuits that aren't working, might be full of air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Osma ufh problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock