Search the forum,

Discuss organising vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice bod. I like the little work surface you have in the back. Has anyone seen these vices you can attach to the van? I have looked every where but can,t seem to find them

I got mine off carboot , only fasten it on when i need it

very nice bod only problem ive had when ever i make a rack to fit items the said item then gives up the ghost and its replacement doesnt fit the hole for it, like the big bucket for shorts of tubeamazing how much stuff we all have in common

great minds think alike

Fixed my steps using a few screws and a bungy. Actually got my pipe rack inside the van.

Attachments

• IMAG0137.jpg
    IMAG0137.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 323
  • IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 317
  • IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMAG0135.jpg
    IMAG0135.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 281
I carry more stuff than that in my toolbox. I also can't get away with using that sort of steps, they won't take my weight.

Here are some pics of my lwb vivaro

Before fitting the racking, I took out the ply lining, and but some wooden beraers between the van panelling supports, to fix the racking to, once lining was back on.

van4.jpgMade my own racking out of 2 by 2 and electricians cable tray.
van5.jpgCut down pieces of soil for off cuts of pipe saws, crow bars etc.
van.jpgSide view. Blue drawers for fittings etc.
van2.jpgSquared off bulkhead with some 12 mm ply, to hang stuff on like hose, 110v ext lead. Old freezer rack for aerosols and liquid storage. Cubby hole behind ply, used for dust sheets and towels etc.
Coil of plastic secured to roof by luggage strapsvan1.jpg

Attachments

• van3.jpg
    van3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 361
Here are some pics of my lwb vivaro

Before fitting the racking, I took out the ply lining, and but some wooden beraers between the van panelling supports, to fix the racking to, once lining was back on.

View attachment 6446Made my own racking out of 2 by 2 and electricians cable tray.
View attachment 6447Cut down pieces of soil for off cuts of pipe saws, crow bars etc.
View attachment 6448Side view. Blue drawers for fittings etc.
View attachment 6444Squared off bulkhead with some 12 mm ply, to hang stuff on like hose, 110v ext lead. Old freezer rack for aerosols and liquid storage. Cubby hole behind ply, used for dust sheets and towels etc.
Coil of plastic secured to roof by luggage strapsView attachment 6443
now thats organised was going to sort mine out today but its currently chucking it down

Like the ''Burberry'' bag,to carry your tools into the more selective cliental !!

Or do you get a free one with every 1000 Baxi boiler's :mickey:

Like the ''Burberry'' bag,to carry your tools into the more selective cliental !!

Or do you get a free one with every 1000 Baxi boiler's :mickey:

Yeah and I make sure I tuck my jogging bottoms into my socks, like a proper chav innit

That was my old nans shopping bag, and burberry it is not. Use it to keeps odds of flex and three core in.

Last edited by a moderator:
just tided mine only thing missing is the massive plastic chest i keep waste fittings in,got to ply the bulkhead next

Attachments

• Photo0042[1].jpg
    Photo0042[1].jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 282
  • Photo0043[1].jpg
    Photo0043[1].jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Photo0044[1].jpg
    Photo0044[1].jpg
    92 KB · Views: 265
  • Photo0045[1].jpg
    Photo0045[1].jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 251
Nice pics, you dont seem to carry alot material in your van??

Got pretty much all I need for little jobs then for big jobs I order it when I need it and don't overorder. I can't stand it being too cluttered and keeping it that bit lighter saves on diesel too.

vans with no bulkhead and loose stuff in the back are deadly in an accident. mind you the amount of rubbish in front of my bulkhead is probably deadly as well

Last edited:
Just picked up a new van, watch this space as I'll be making it my own soon, have a nice blank canvas to start with anyway!

IMAG0500.jpg

Will be having shallow racking on the left and deep on the right, that's all I have decided at the mo!

stop the press wheres the bag i sent you ?
the bag you sent me houses the bailey lockfast set for fluework thats to good to travel in the van,thats tucked away in the garage,nice and dry,waiting for chimneys the set i have on the van is for dirty work

Just picked up a new van, watch this space as I'll be making it my own soon, have a nice blank canvas to start with anyway!

View attachment 6528

Will be having shallow racking on the left and deep on the right, that's all I have decided at the mo!

Looks like a MWB semi high transit?

I'm looking at the same tomorrow if it is, good size.

It's an '07 LWB Med roof Transit 145. MWB would have suited me better but I picked this up at a bargain price!

ahh, nice, what did you pay for it out of interest and whats the miles. (pm if you like or dont answer at all!)

MWB is a downsize for me, last van was a crafter MWB but still 3.4mtr load. Too big for city use though, but was ideal when we did oil, could fit a 1225 bunded tank, outside oil boiler, cylinder rads, F&E tank etc, plus the sack trucks and a slab to lay for boiler base. Plus everything else, with a false floor underneath for tube, was great.

be glad to have something easier to park etc, supermarket car parks were a nightmare.

I wish I had pictures of that van, the racking was immense all made from aluminium angle. Cost £250 in aluminium and took a few days to do, but worth it. Not sure you'd get much for £250 now though, will check when I get my new van as i'd like to do it that way again. Very light but really strong and it looks proffessional too so good resale value, or take it out and fit it in the next one.

Last edited:
It was just under 4k with the vat etc,It came with nearly a full tank of gas, no petrol though! It needs a couple of tyres soon and discs and pads but that doesn't bother me. It's on 74k.

Would be nice to do it in ally but I'm getting some 18mm black MDF off a mate cheap

Good price, LPG?

Just remember the weight, its surprising how much it all adds up to, then your tools.. probably save £250 in fuel in less than a year!

Look forward to seeing the finished result, how sad... we are all commenting on the insides of each others vans. They are like second homes sometimes though, misses keeps the house tidy, I keep the back of the van tidy, seems fair

Yep, LPG, sick of paying 1.50 a litre for the diesel! I get LPG for around 60p/litre and there are ways of getting it cheaper, plus they cant syphon the tank!

I also like the response of a petrol engine, might add a supercharger and a mappable ecu if I need more power.

I know there will be a bit of weight in the MDF compared to ally but I don't think that it'll cost me an extra £250 a year in fuel!

nothing to do with the thread but just to mention .

did clean my van two weeks ago got most of the staff i dont need and did get about 80miles more out of the full tank . if you all try will realise that 50% of the staff in the van is not need for it

nothing to do with the thread but just to mention .

did clean my van two weeks ago got most of the staff i dont need and did get about 80miles more out of the full tank . if you all try will realise that 50% of the staff in the van is not need for it

How many staff do you keep in the van? do you let them go home at night :D

Mines is a fully racked out LWB Transit and it's like a mobile plumbers merchant/workshop on wheels. I even have a table saw on board. No way could I empty it as I'd end up needing something I've left out. Fuel economy is very poor as I only get 80miles to £20 worth of diesel, but I couldn't downsize to a smaller van, lack of space would drive me nuts.

here's mine, was gonna sweep it out, but can't be arsed...

Attachments

• rubbish-skip.jpg
    rubbish-skip.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:
the bag you sent me houses the bailey lockfast set for fluework thats to good to travel in the van,thats tucked away in the garage,nice and dry,waiting for chimneys the set i have on the van is for dirty work

ok let you off , she just made me another 2 didnt even ask :)

After years of having big vans, I downsized a few years ago. Boy do I regret it.

We bought a brand new car last year, when that's paid off, I'll get a new van.

Here's some photos I took for insurance purposes (to cover my tools). I've since cleaned it up, and carry less stuff, but as you can imagine, the van is packed. The passenger footwell has an old F&E tank full of clips and crap. Behind each seat is more stuff.

Believe it or not, I carry a stock of 15/60 pump, two and three port motorised valve, stats, cable, pipe, and the usual pipe, clips, washers, fittings etc.

I really want a new van badly!!IMG_1550.jpgIMG_1551.jpgIMG_1553.jpgIMG_1560.jpg

I should add, I have a lock up that is stuffed with spares, so if I get a call out, I ask what's up and usually can come prepared.

danny, full marks for perseverence, that must've been murder with so much kit and so little space - had a little peugeot partner that a bit like that inside - was so so pleased when I got meself a transit (and then it blew up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to organising vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock