Search the forum,

Discuss olive green exposed cistern? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi chaps, I need to find one of the above for an old lady. She fell on old one and cracked it but, she cannot afford a whole new one

Try brokenbog.com, they have lots of old coloured stuff, send em a pic and they try to match it up, not cheap though, probably be cheaper to fit a new complete cheap one instead!

Is she insured? I've generally found it's cheaper to but a complete suite than a discontinued colour.

Used to know a place in london but cost was very high, and insurance Co dont like paying for them, want you to put in white, Have a look round local tips etc might get luck'y When you say green do you mean avocado ?

Yes avocado. Wow, ok I shall have to ask her about a new suite then. Thanks fellers

Will i be able to fit a new 6 ltr external cistern to the old flush pipe or are they different sizes

should be the same size. you could get a new flush pipe a well to make sure.

You can but may not get right flush pattern for pan, was told you need to replace the complete suite as they are designs'd to work togeather , as B4 have a look round local tip etc may pick one up for a couple of ÂŁ even try ebay !

Well I put a cheap plastic one in for now and told them they will need to update bathroom as all parts for old sanware is really expensive. They said they would like a new bathroom in September. Bingo! Also, the toilet seemed to work fine I could not check with my stools as the client was there but, I wacked a load of toilet paper in and it cleared it fine.

Thanks for the advice guys

How is this old dear anyway?

You say she fell on the cistern and cracked it?

Well I put a cheap plastic one in for now and told them they will need to update bathroom as all parts for old sanware is really expensive. They said they would like a new bathroom in September. Bingo! Also, the toilet seemed to work fine I could not check with my stools as the client was there but, I wacked a load of toilet paper in and it cleared it fine.

Thanks for the advice guys

In Alan Partridge he tests the functionality of a caravan loo by putting half a pound of mashed up dundee cake in it.

Could be your trademark after working on a loo.

In Alan Partridge he tests the functionality of a caravan loo by putting half a pound of mashed up dundee cake in it.

CAUTION: This test involves nuts and could bring on heavy flushes!

Did the elderly lady survive?

She must have given it a right whack to crack one of those old cisterns?

Was she by any chance carrying a lump hammer at the time?

Perhaps she'd just had enough of the colour ... dark green sounds a bit ... you know!

Insurance upgrade maybe?

avo green suits........ brings back memories. I wonder if we will ever go back to coloured suits as the norm again? they do say trends cycle?

tho in this instance i hope not :)

i used to love those brown and maroon ideal standard suites but the real crackers were the two tone numbers in purple and pinkwhere the colors merged usually with gold taps

Last edited:
She is fine. She did not mention it to her family as I asked if that was the case. They said she falls quite a lit. Interesting all the old stuff out there and the price. Very expensive

She is fine. She did not mention it to her family as I asked if that was the case. They said she falls quite a lit. Interesting all the old stuff out there and the price. Very expensive

I think it's called: "the retro racket"!

When you're trying to get rid of it you have to pay to have it taken off your hands because its scrap, but the next step is it becomes highly sought after retro-ware!

When I've been dumping garden rubbish at the tip I've seen some very handsome looking bathroom suites standing by the hut - I've often wondered what they do with them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to olive green exposed cistern? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a noisy cistern that appears to be leaking into the pan a little but also making a very frustrating water noise from inside, I have attached a picture of the offending item that is dripping water constantly. Guessing the whole lot needs replacing but not sure what to ask for when...
Replies
Views
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every time we flushed so I googled and found it was the diaphragm valve that needed replaced. I bought a pack of diaphragm seals and attempted to change...
Replies
Views
R
Just changed our cistern and found somone previously had used a random pipe for the flush pipe. Now they had managed to make it work in the old cistern but it leaks with the new one as the curve of it means the pipe sits at an angle...now to make life easier and not have to work out how to...
Replies
Views
N
Hello Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy a toilet which has cistern flush capacity (not sure if I have phrased that correctly) of more than 6LTRs? We previously had a Royal Doulton toilet which was accidentally thrown away when had the bathroom changed. New toilet is one of these...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock