Search the forum,

Discuss Old type cistern ballcock float valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil999

Hi,
I have a old style handle type toilet.
Noticed that when it fills up it never fully
depresses the plastic piston seems to be stiff
and even after filling it still drips and finally overflows
Is it best to replace with another old style ball cock valve
or can you use a fliudmaster in these old toilets if so
which model do I look for and how do I connect up the handle
with a new style fluildmaster float valve.
Thanks for any help
Phil.

You're talking about the fill valve so you can leave the handle as it is at the moment.
If there's room for a modern type float valve rather than the old ballcock type then fill your boots. A fluidmaster brass shank is the best bet.

When you say 'plastic piston', do you mean it is an all plastic ball valve with a plastic pin that the arm pushes against when arm raises? If it is, then just a new diaphragm washer usually sorts it. But if it is in bad condition then replace whole valve & with a brass tailed valve.
If it happened to be the really old all brass ballvalve, I would repair them always if in good order as they are quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old type cistern ballcock float valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock