Search the forum,

Discuss Old radiator output help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to replace an old radiator and I was wondering if anyone would have an idea what its output would be.

It's a double 2.2m x 0.44m without any fins

Replace with 2.5Kw output at Delta 50 or a 3Kw which would approx 2.5Kw at Delta 40.

it is very difficult to know without knowing the make because they aren't all made the same.

about 1kw for something like a roundtop etc

Whilst I take Steveb's point about it being different for different makes are they so different that any make wouldn't give a rough idea? I have done the same myself but found it difficult to get info on radiators without convector fins as not many seem to be sold now. I only needed single panel I haven't seen any data on double panel no convector fins (hence your post).

Can you still buy the double panel without fins? I haven't seen any. Another approach if you cannot get them is to ask was this radiator sufficient when at it's best? If not or borderline get double panel with convector (check whether the pipework will reach it). If it was a bit much then a single panel with convector fins.
The nearest size I found for your figures is the Stelrad 450x2200. The single panel single fin is 1690W at deltaT 50 and the double panel single fin is 2433W so yours was probably somewhere in between when new.

Whilst I take Steveb's point about it being different for different makes are they so different that any make wouldn't give a rough idea? I have done the same myself but found it difficult to get info on radiators without convector fins as not many seem to be sold now. I only needed single panel I haven't seen any data on double panel no convector fins (hence your post).

Can you still buy the double panel without fins? I haven't seen any. Another approach if you cannot get them is to ask was this radiator sufficient when at it's best? If not or borderline get double panel with convector (check whether the pipework will reach it). If it was a bit much then a single panel with convector fins.
The nearest size I found for your figures is the Stelrad 450x2200. The single panel single fin is 1690W at deltaT 50 and the double panel single fin is 2433W so yours was probably somewhere in between when new.

wiki.diyfaq.org.uk contains a page on central heating radiators which might be helpful though it doesn't deal with double panel no convector.

I am going to replace an old radiator and I was wondering if anyone would have an idea what its output would be.

It's a double 2.2m x 0.44m without any fins

It's around 7000Btu's/hr @ Delta 60 ( Ish, don't hold me to it but it's near as damn it for your needs )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old radiator output help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi Does anyone recognise the make/brand of the radiator valve. It leaks when closed and Iam hoping I can replace a seal etc?
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock