Discuss Old gravity hot water systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

learnplum

Hi all, is there no control for these on hot water, except for the boiler stat?
Does a permanent pilot just keep heating the hot water permanently?
Any wiring links for these old systems?
icon7.png

You can do it with a 28mm motorised valve. This should be fitted on the return pipework from the cylinder. Preferable between the cylinder and cold feed connection. It must have the extra (white ) wire in the valve.
Called a "C" plan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 21
The pilot doesn't heat any water it's just there for ignition purposes.

Thanks for that chalked, I have noted that info down.
The one I seen today, was open flue and no valve, only a pump when heating required.
So does the permanment pilot, just keep heating the water until the integral boiler stat says stop?:blush5:

Thanks guys, so which control tell,s the boiler to fire up on hot water?

Hi all, little more info.
Single channel clock for heating and room stat.
The clock signalled to the stat and the stat fired the boiler and pump.
The guy said he always has hot water?
I think the system is gravity fed, no extra controls?:blush5:

Hi chalked, thats what throwin me.
There is no hot water output on his timeclock.
The timeclock only controls the heating side.
Did old gravity fed systems, rely on permanent pilots for hot water?:tounge_smile:

The time clock is probably one channel, which might confuse you. The heating and water work to the same times, the room thermostat then controls the pump.
I never thought the day would come when the younger generation of plumbers rarely come across a permanent pilot!
the pilot light does not heat anything. It is there to ignite the burner when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old gravity hot water systems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock