Discuss Old 3/4'' 20mm copper. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cdavie2002

Is it ok to use a 22mm compression fitting on (20mm)/(3/4'') pipe to connect to modern everyday 22mm copper? It's holding this far, took a bit of torquing!

Is it ok to use a 22mm compression fitting on (20mm)/(3/4'') pipe to connect to modern everyday 22mm copper? It's holding this far, took a bit of torquing!

Its holding so far?
see what happens when you turn on the water:confused5:

Answer = NO

It took some "torquing" to squash the 22mm compresion ring so it just touches the 3/4" pipe, not enough to grip it.

She's gonna blow..

Stupid question....

If using a smaller olive in a 22mm compression fitting, do I just need to apply extra turns?

Thanks

I wouldnt go to bed or go out without turning the water off or you might find a rather large puddle on the floor or maybe even the ceiling on the floor if the pipe is on the 1st floor

Last edited:
A 22mm olive can & will do the job on 3/4" pipe if it is fairly beefy type, like a brass conex olive. They are done that way by lots of people.
It will be more likely to angle on the pipe though & needs to be compressed carefully.
But why would you? Better using a proper 3/4" olive.

I have just renewed some black pipe marked 3/4inch and a 3/4olive wouldnt go on it. I bought a 3/4inch to 20mm connector followed by a 20mm to 1/2inch stopcock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old 3/4'' 20mm copper. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock