Search the forum,

Discuss Oil Viper Book ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve @ TheHeatingHub

Evening lads, I have been lucky enough for my company to put me through my oil over the next couple of months(with worcester) and I have just started reading thought technical books 1-4, I have found them pretty dry and was wondering if there was some type of "oil viper book" ? I had a quick search but did not come across anything.

thanks in advance

Don't bother reading too far into them, its an open book exam and you'll be taught everything you need to know in the session. Anything you aren't taught you probably won't need to know except in odd circumstances.

Are you doing it at their Warndon site? If so, the food their is fantastic and the instructors are brilliant, you'll probably have a guy called Craig, very helpful and knowledgeable guy!

Technical books 1-4 are the only ones you'll need. Get some manufacturers instructions too.

thanks for the fast responses :) well I am up to derby for a day a few fridays from now, then back down to west thurrock for 4days in june. quite a bit of reading to do. I'll phone worcester tomorrow to get some MI's set out, I assume they do a distance learning cd or some description for oil like they do for thier gas products ?

Alright mate derbys my neck of the woods lol, no cds mate j4 books and then the heating book, the do give you a small hand book once reg with oftec tho. And your ment to keep those 4 folders in the van with ya

Yes, you need to read the section with regard to sizing of expansion vessels.

Yes mate that's the one, they go throught everythink they ask you on mate so don't worry;) wot you doing up this way mate and wot part of derby you at mate?

Yes, you need to read the section with regard to sizing of expansion vessels.
cheers I'll grab that one :)

I'm at derby because it was the only place I could get on the course before I go on the 4days course:) I'm staying overnight at Mansfield (not sure what it is like this time of year :) ) its about 3hours drive from me :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil Viper Book ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really here with the agenda of getting other peoples thoughts on charging deposits. To date I usually charge a third of my labour to hold a date for a customer. I've had no issues until recently where 2 of my prospective clients have tried to negotiate a lower deposit or change the...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now completed damp proofing works & I need to extend these 4 pipes to go through the wall and into a new boiler room. This area will then be stud wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock