Search the forum,

Discuss Offset Bends in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ApprenticeTom

Hey guys, just need some advice..

When doing an offset bend, how do you get the actual offset measurement? I know how to do an offset by eye but I want to be more accurate.

for example if you have two clips spaced apart, would you measure the difference from centre to centre?

thanks!

Tom to make your offset between your clips , yes you are right the clip distance is the offset distance , incredibly hard to help you over the net, just practice on old off cuts, cadge some scrap, have a go , and give the scrap back .

As said above, practice is the best way, sometime you just need to get the hang of bending and where to mark the pipe and such,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Offset Bends in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, I've had a search and couldn't find anything related. Installing a wall mounted toilet, unfortunately didn't know this when I put the soil pipe in position. The supplied fitting is now approximately 130mm offset from the vertical connection. Any ideas? (amateur obviously!) Wondered...
Replies
Views
Need a bit of advice for installing a shower mixer valve. Issue Im having is that the tiler put the tiles on and the gap has went from 150mm to 135mm. I have 2 copper pipes coming out of the wall and have the mixer valve already measuring 150mm. Ive two offset connectors but not sure how to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I would say my overall knowledge is not great as I did most of the 4 years working on rinse and repeat estates of houses. I was also quite young and...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have a single recirculation pump serving both of our homes. However, after the pump, the recirculation circuit splits into two separate branches, each...
Replies
Views
Hi, When running 50mm waste to the stack, how do I get it so the 50mm does not have to be so far from the wall? As the offset at the stack dictated by the boss on the soil pipe. Hopefully this makes sense! Please see my picture which hopefully helps. I bought a 135 deg bend thinking I could...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock