Discuss Obsolete burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just done a service on a Glow Worm 85-100 B/F Boiler (approx 32 years old!) and it would appear it hasn't been touched for a few years. Flame picture all yellow & floppy etc so serviced to M.I. (got half a bucket of crap out of it!) all cleaned up but both burners got hairline cracks in em. Apart from that it's bulletproof so customer insisted I put burners in and give it a go. Fired up ok then flame picture was same as before but worse with roaring sound. O.P. bang on (10.5 mbar) and gas rate bang on as well.

Anyone any ideas where I could get hold of a pair of burners or am I trying to raise the Titanic here?!

Been all over tinterpipe but am unable to find owt so any suggestions greatly appreciated!

P.s. FGA been nicked so had to do it old school!

Have you tried your local Parts Center,etc?

Tried all the usual suspects plus everwhere on internet that i can find. Was hoping someone on here may know somewhere that keeps antiques!

im no help to you on the parts side of things. im just wondering how did your F.G.A get nicked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Obsolete burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need some help from the internet before I waste any more time and money trying to fix air getting in to my central heating! Looking for advise...
Replies
Views
S
Baxi Barcelona, under service contract - in May this year started giving intermittent ‘explosive ignition’ … when it happens gives a seriously...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
C
Good evening all, I am a new member to the forum, I have used the site regularly for help & advice from van shelving tips to with boiler...
Replies
Views
Bunker
B
O
Hi, I'm not a heating engineer and I have no intention of touching our boiler, but I really could do with some friendly advice regarding a...
Replies
Views
L
Well it seems everytime I go to this bleedin bum end of the county, it goes wrong. first 48 miles to get there, and the sat nav delivers me to a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock