Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Novice question - how do i tighten this fitting? in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Pablo

Pablo New Member

After the recent cold spell I had a link in an out house. The fitting is still leaking (see attached). I'm not familiar with the connection type. I've tightened the top nut but it is still leaking, apparently from the black and white assembly part. Do I need a new connection or am I supposed to tighten the black and white assembly some how? Any advice gratefully received.
    Cheers.
    Paul.

fitting.jpg

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If it's been damaged by the frost best replace the fitting

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pablo

Pablo New Member

Thanks for the prompt reply. Is there a name for this type of fitting?

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

5. sammathias

sammathias GSR

looks like 3/8th to 15mm. I imagine in the frost the 3/8th pipe has pulled out of the fitting. turn water off, undo white nut, push black pipe all way in and tighten white back up. see if that sorts it.