Discuss Non Paying customer today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had a customer ring this morning telling me his boiler isnt working and that his family are cold. I had done some work for him about a year ago.

Told him that its bank holiday so the charge would be more than usual. He said ok

Got there and its a logic heat only with a blocked condense pipe. As i was sorting it he said i could come back and service it and he would reccomend me to his family etc.

At the end he said 'so how much do i owe you'
'£80'
'What, why so much?'
'Its bank holiday mate'
'Why didnt you just come around tommorow and fix it then?'
'You said today'
'Im not paying £80, i said you could have more work off me and my family, doesnt that count?'
'No, when i go to tesco and say i will get my mum to shop there if they give it to me half price, i get told where to go'

What are people these on?

Turns out he had no money in the house and ive got to go back later, plus hes only paying £50

Was £80 too much for a callout on a bank holiday? My usual rate is £60

Not at all in my opinion. The only thing I would say is some custards genuinly have no clue how much things cost. Did you give him your rates before you started the job? We always do for bank holiday work and frequently get told no thanks, we will book you in for next week instead to be honest.

£80 is very cheap for a bank holiday callout imo.

Yeah i told him the rates before i went round

His excuse is that he will give me future work, i politely told him to stuff his boiler service

Call out fee in your hand before you even get your tools out or just get in van and drive off . It's not hard ball , it's your ball and if he wants to play he's gonna have to pay end of. Remember he called you !

Finding it more and more with customers. Trying to negotiate price after the fact. They sit there in their six bedroom homes with new cars sat on the drive and question my prices.

Why just pay good money for a job well done.

Seriously thinking of just sticking to sub contract work

I would have told him straight. When he said 50 I would have said I'm having your toaster and microwave to make up the difference. I can't stand it, it literally makes my head explode with a anger.

Nothing is too cheap my man. It all depends on how much you value your time. If they rang me and I was gonna spend a day with the nippers then I would have told h where to go! This is your rest time so £80 is more than fair

80 is cheap for a bank holiday and your knowledge. Bill him 80. If he pays 50 then bill him the other 30 with 7 days to pay orsmall claims. Cant let twunts like this get away with it.

Thats the beauty of oil. You can always can back round at some point and trip the fire valve :)

Shyte like that makes my blood boil.. tight twunt grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

80 is cheap for a bank holiday and your knowledge. Bill him 80. If he pays 50 then bill him the other 30 with 7 days to pay orsmall claims. Cant let twunts like this get away with it.

Thats the beauty of oil. You can always can back round at some point and trip the fire valve :)

Gas u just slip a blanking disc in and stick a transco ID label or u just remove the meter and cap ecv? Or if you want a laugh, turn off ecv screw in the stop screw, snap off head and leave. When he calls say pay up , he won't pay up but he will force ecv and snap it off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Non Paying customer today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock