Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy flexible soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heye

Hello

I hope someone can help.

I live in a flat. The person upstairs to me has carried out some work and moved their toilet. Now the soil pipe behind my bathroom wall is very noisy particularly when the toilet is flushed. We think the problem is that the soil pipe (behind my bathroom wall) doesn't go straight down but travels diagonally via a flexible pipe and waste is hitting the pipes. Not sure why it is like this but it is.

Is there a problem with the flexible pipe that is causing this?

Are there alternative pipes which could solve this problem without the risk of blockages?

Also, the pipes are behind a tiled wall and there is no access panel. Is it possible to remove a large tiled section and then replace it again. We've had a building firm round and they said they could only smash through the wall.

We are considering soundproofing etc but not sure that that will solve the problem on its own.

Many thanks for your help

Heye

The flexible pipe has ridges on it and perhaps the 'solids' are running over it like a washboard. I'd change it for smooth pipe.

it part of the building structure and as an individual you shouldnt be touching it withh out other leaseholders permission, after all you take it out and mess with it, boyo up stairs is entitled to carry on flushing his loo still and thats worse than a bit of water noise. Talk to the building committee etc first, for options and then start looking behind walls to see whats going on.

it part of the building structure and as an individual you shouldnt be touching it withh out other leaseholders permission, after all you take it out and mess with it, boyo up stairs is entitled to carry on flushing his loo still and thats worse than a bit of water noise. Talk to the building committee etc first, for options and then start looking behind walls to see whats going on.

Thank you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy flexible soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock