Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy flexible soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Heye

Hello

I hope someone can help.

I live in a flat. The person upstairs to me has carried out some work and moved their toilet. Now the soil pipe behind my bathroom wall is very noisy particularly when the toilet is flushed. We think the problem is that the soil pipe (behind my bathroom wall) doesn't go straight down but travels diagonally via a flexible pipe and waste is hitting the pipes. Not sure why it is like this but it is.

Is there a problem with the flexible pipe that is causing this?

Are there alternative pipes which could solve this problem without the risk of blockages?

Also, the pipes are behind a tiled wall and there is no access panel. Is it possible to remove a large tiled section and then replace it again. We've had a building firm round and they said they could only smash through the wall.

We are considering soundproofing etc but not sure that that will solve the problem on its own.

Many thanks for your help

Heye

The flexible pipe has ridges on it and perhaps the 'solids' are running over it like a washboard. I'd change it for smooth pipe.

it part of the building structure and as an individual you shouldnt be touching it withh out other leaseholders permission, after all you take it out and mess with it, boyo up stairs is entitled to carry on flushing his loo still and thats worse than a bit of water noise. Talk to the building committee etc first, for options and then start looking behind walls to see whats going on.

it part of the building structure and as an individual you shouldnt be touching it withh out other leaseholders permission, after all you take it out and mess with it, boyo up stairs is entitled to carry on flushing his loo still and thats worse than a bit of water noise. Talk to the building committee etc first, for options and then start looking behind walls to see whats going on.

Thank you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy flexible soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol) The wife is wanting to change the house around a bit, refurbishing old en-suite which is at front of house but does not have a toilet at the moment, so obviously would like one. So...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year and want to move the toilet to another wall as part of that. I've cracked open the boxing around the old toilet today to see what's going on behind...
Replies
Views
This is a follow-up to my earlier post Fitting a cistern (with frame) into a stud wall (100mm) (follow-up) and also to this post Can i connect waste pipes into soil pipe tee on a horizontal run? I (by @Illuminate). We've now had the toilet fitted, as described in the earlier post, with the soil...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock