Discuss No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigginge

We recently went away for a few days, and my wife turned off the timer switch for the immersion heater by putting all the little time indicators to the off position. Why she didn't turn it off at the fuse box remains a mystery, Anyway, since we came back the immersion heater won't come on, even if we switch it to override the indicators, however the power light on the switch comes on. As we had a new element fitted a few years ago, and the switches seem to burn out every 3-4 years I'm thinking it's the switch, but would it be possible for the light to come on if the switch is broken? If so I'll replace that first of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read of hot water cylinders being heated with a dual element immersion heater. The main principle being that a shorter element heats the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back