Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss No hot water to bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

We are NOT getting hot water to our bath but red hot to shower and sink.

Is this a easy fix?

if not would it cost a lot?

any advice would be a massive help thank you.

here are some pics of boiler and taps.

20190219_201345.jpg

20190219_201334.jpg

20190219_201243.jpg

20190219_201221.jpg

Err, 15 & 22mm pipe there on the taps plus PTFE in the wrong places, is there more to this story Brett? Somebody had a play with it?

no one has touched the pipes since we have been in the house about 6 years, we got some hot early in the 6years but the last 2 years its gone completely cold.
is this a botch job then?

Wouldn`t say botched just unusal to see different size pipes and yes maybe the joint with the PTFE could be called a botch job. Take it both pipes up to the taps are cold?

never thought of that and yes we do get hot water but it seems very temperamental, not had this hot in a very long time

open the tap full and its very cold
I would recommend you call a gas safe engineer to check the boiler over, there are a couple reason for poor hot water performance which should be easy to diagnose.

Also be advised that your boiler will only deliver 10 litres maximum of hot water a min, if you have a good flow rate and open your tap full, the boiler won't keep up with demand.

Thank you everyone for the advice it looks like we have hot water now only when we open the tap alittle not all the way. Simple i know but we both dont have a clue about this stuff.

thanks again and we will get the boiler checked thanks

Chances are we don`t have a clue how to do what you two do for a living mate.

Reply to No hot water to bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock