Discuss No heat in airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaggy

Hi, we've just moved into a new property which has a sealed high pressure hot water/heating system. The airing cupboard has no water tank in it, but does have a pipe running up from the floor, with a flexivalve at the top, and a pipe T'ed off it coming back down to the floor. There is a red tap at the bottom of one pipe. When the central heating is on I would expect the airing cupboard to get hot (or at least the pipe to get hot), but although all the radiators warm up as they should there is no heat at all in this pipe. Does anyone have any ideas about what really obvious thing (yes, I've turned the tap on) I've missed?

Thanks in advance

Simon

One more thing - I loosened the flexivalve and pressured water came out of it.....

Simon

Picture?

Is there a red expansion vessel in there with a gauge on it?

if its a brand new property then ask the builder to get the heating installer to explain the system and controls to you, you can then ask any questions you have.

Thanks for all the quick replies. I'll get a picture up as soon as I can. The red expansion vessel is downstairs next to the boiler and the hot water tank, the other side of the house and a flight of stairs away! It's not a brand new property, but I believe the boiler was recently replaced - I'll see if I can find who did that. I don't believe that it's the filling loop, as that is down by the boiler as well. The flexvalve is a brass thing with a red cap that would appear to self bleed the system, and the tap at the bottom is only to stop flow in the pipe, it does not have any external fittings.

Simon

Sounds like someone has brought heating pipes up into the cupboard & put an auto vent on them. These may do a radiator, if you wanted, in the cupboard. I am guessing though.

Hi Best, from what we were told by the previous owner the pipes are designed to carry hot water and heat the cupboard as they are - there is 4 or 5 metres of copper pipe attached to the wall in what is a small cupboard, but there is no heat going through the pipes at all, even though the water that I can release from the valve seems to be under pressure - it is I think the highest point in the heating circuit, which I suppose is a natural place to have a self bleeding valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No heat in airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock