Discuss No heat in airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
could be the old feed and expansion pipes from the old tank that was in the loft so will never get that hot

could be the old feed and expansion pipes from the old tank that was in the loft so will never get that hot
That makes sense, but if they are, then they probably are off the flow & return, so should heat well unless blocked maybe.

if it is the feed and expansion pipes then they should of originally be both tee'd into the flow before the pump if done correctly if it had been a wall mounted boiler so wont hardly get warm or like you say into flow and return if a floor mounted one and would get nice and hot. the red gate valve is suggesting that pipe was the feed.

have fitted loads of heat links(bypass) in A/C's in the past. Its done to save the cost of a radiator and valves, but hardly worth it as a small rad and set of valves will only cost £30-£40.

I woulds say its either got an air lock(unlikely due to aav), blockage, faulty gate valve or is piped up incorrectly. I would suggest getting a engineer in and while he/she is there you may aswell have a small radiator fitted.

Turn off as many rads as you can, fully open that red valve, then run the central heating, might force the heat through

Hi all, thanks for the many replies. I think it's time to get an engineer in (and a small rad fitted) as I have done all the things suggested here and none have made any difference. If I get a good answer I'll post it here.

Cheers

Simon

We have a similar story. There is an airing cupboard next to the boiler. The plumber, who fitted the boiler, says that he could run a pipe from the hot water circuit through the cupboard to make it easier to dry clothes.

I wondered if anyone had seen something designed to do this - that is a small raidiator to put on the hot water circuit.

Thanks (and happy xmas!)

no it wont be on the hot water circuit it will be on the feed and return to the boiler that carries the central heating. putting it on the hot water circuit will mean that the radiator will corrode as you cannot put inhibitor through it.

Thanks guys. Steveb, there's no rad, and the pipes are off the hot water circuit. jts - I'll check the gate valve, thanks for that.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No heat in airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock