Discuss New year Changes for the new year in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballandco

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What changes are you making next year ?i feel this year made a mistake booking work up to far in advance mainly bathrooms then missing the first couple of months of the heating season where I earn my bread . So going to try and focus on heating boilers installs etc next year and try to cut back on the plumbing ,does anyone else just do heating ?is it proper dead in the summer ?
also having to go vat registered this year ,does anyone find this a big turn off for domestic work or do they except it as the normal,don't think it will matter to my regular customers just worried about new ones

I'm going to charge correctly and not do jobs as favours for people I've never met. Gotta toughen up or I'll go pop. Not that bad but need to earn.

I only do heating, gas and heat pumps. I hate bathrooms with a passion lol

I no what you mean bathrooms are a nightmare ,take to long and don't seem to earn any money .
quality do you do many heat pumps?wouldnt mind training for some renewables next year
rocketman I no what your talking about as we'll I'm the same ,always think in the long run rather than here and now .so many times I do a favour and think that's all rite there use me again to find no phone call anytime soon .

I'm going to charge correctly and not do jobs as favours for people I've never met. Gotta toughen up or I'll go pop. Not that bad but need to earn.

Just done my accounts for the 2012/13 year and have earnt more money by charging more and working less hours. Your idea is the way to go matey!

I no what you mean bathrooms are a nightmare ,take to long and don't seem to earn any money .
quality do you do many heat pumps?wouldnt mind training for some renewables next year
rocketman I no what your talking about as we'll I'm the same ,always think in the long run rather than here and now .so many times I do a favour and think that's all rite there use me again to find no phone call anytime soon .

fitted 15 heat pumps this year, I never thought it but the demand is there and it just keeps increasing year after year.

What changes are you making next year ?i feel this year made a mistake booking work up to far in advance mainly bathrooms then missing the first couple of months of the heating season where I earn my bread . So going to try and focus on heating boilers installs etc next year and try to cut back on the plumbing ,does anyone else just do heating ?is it proper dead in the summer ?
also having to go vat registered this year ,does anyone find this a big turn off for domestic work or do they except it as the normal,don't think it will matter to my regular customers just worried about new ones

It's a big turn off for cheapskate domestic customers tbh. The ones you wouldn't want anyway imo.

In my experience most people expect to pay VAT on a plumbers bill.

Sounds good cant be running round all year with not a lot to show for it, be handy to get rid of the penny watching customers as well to many of them ain't good for no ones health lol
quality that surprises me might have to do a couple of courses and see what's what

As said above you loose the idiots who want a cash "discount"

I only do gas and heating and I keep quite busy all year round. Forward thinking customers have heating done when it's not cold! And there's always servicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New year Changes for the new year in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock