Discuss New washing machine, now luke warm water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jimbo87

Hello, im not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i am getting desperate.

so we recently had a new washing machine fitted and everything was fine for a few days. Then suddenly the water has stopped getting hot, it now just gets warm.

i have no gas, it is a electric immersion cylinder with a cold water tank in the attic. Could the washing machine be causing the issue or is it a coincidence and there is some other problem?

It's probably just a coincidence. Check the immersion heater is turned on and working.

New machines are normally cold fill only, so the are not connected to the hot water system.

New machines are normally cold fill only, so the are not connected to the hot water system.

I bet this one is tho', and drawing hot water for every cycle, including rinsing.

Installed by Currys or similar??

Last edited:
As AW says, new machines are cold water feed only. You need to get the installers back in.

It was installed by currys, the heater must still be working as i fluhed the toilet while the shower was on and it got really hot. But when running it normally it doesnt get piping hot at the taps or in the shower.

To help with a diagnosis have a feel at the washing machine feed hose when you start her up. If it's hot you know that it has been piped up wrong and is probably contributing to the problem. If it's cold, you know it is probably something to do with the immersion heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New washing machine, now luke warm water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock