Discuss New Trainee Plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris4489

Hello Everyone,

I wasn't 100% sure where to put this post so if it is in the wrong place, could a Moderator please amend. Anyway, My names Chris currently living in Studley, Warwickshire. I have not long started one of these home learning courses with a company called New Career Skills. (Expensive TBH but reviews are great). I have joined up on here to find out what I have to do to start a company??

If anyone could help it would be grand of you!

Thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

If you intend to start up on your own, very probably your best solution is not to create a company but to register yourself as self-employed.

In order to do this all you need to do is get in touch with HMRC.

If you prefer to set up a company, the paperwork to get this done is very simple, and you will find all the information you need on the Companies House website (Companies House I believe).

In both cases you will be responsible for maintaining your accounts (earnings and expenses) up to date.

If you turn over less than £80k you do not need to register for VAT (but you can choose to do that if you want). If you become VAT registered you will also need to keep precise accounting in order to fill in quarterly VAT returns.

Hello Everyone,

I wasn't 100% sure where to put this post so if it is in the wrong place, could a Moderator please amend. Anyway, My names Chris currently living in Studley, Warwickshire. I have not long started one of these home learning courses with a company called New Career Skills. (Expensive TBH but reviews are great). I have joined up on here to find out what I have to do to start a company??

If anyone could help it would be grand of you!

Thanks
Chris
completly unrealistic!!! Book based knowledge is no match for actual hands on experience. Good luck tho lol

Thank you Rodolphe, Thats great advice, I will look into that when the time is right.

completly unrealistic!!! Book based knowledge is no match for actual hands on experience. Good luck tho lol

Hi Skelly87, I did fail to mention that I have to visit a NCS College for Practical Training every couple of months. But thanks anyway!

Hi Skelly87, I did fail to mention that I have to visit a NCS College for Practical Training every couple of months. But thanks anyway!
Maybe some of the other guys will give their thoughts later. College experience is NOT hands on experience!!!!! Until you get out in peoples houses and any other building will you understand what i mean.

Maybe some of the other guys will give their thoughts later. College experience is NOT hands on experience!!!!! Until you get out in peoples houses and any other building will you understand what i mean.

Yes of course I understand, I am currently looking for a local plumber that may let me tag along, that'll hopefully give me abit of training too.

Now your beginning to get more realistic. Ive been with a company for 5 years now unsupervised. Even now i still come across things ive never seen before or dont understand. I just think you should be made aware that going alone is difficult. Im sure the regulars on this site will be able to confirm that

Now your beginning to get more realistic. Ive been with a company for 5 years now unsupervised. Even now i still come across things ive never seen before or dont understand. I just think you should be made aware that going alone is difficult. Im sure the regulars on this site will be able to confirm that

Would you recommend working with big companies first then?? perhaps when I get more experienced going self employed??

Would you recommend working with big companies first then?? perhaps when I get more experienced going self employed??
Doesnt have to be a big company. Any good company will do. This is all just my opinion of course, your free to do as you please. I think working for a company you develop a more rounded knowledge of other trades. You pick up basic understanding of electrics, carpentry, tiling and decorating ..... And many more. Now obviously you need qualifications and training in those but the knowledge helps you do your job better to tie in with other trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Trainee Plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am a junior plumber based in South East London (Zone 1), but can get to most areas quite easily. In terms of Qualifications I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hope you are all well. My name is Henry and I am Dorset based, and looking to get into the Plumbing trade. I will have completed my...
Replies
Views
Back