Discuss New radiators installed, cant balance system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have 3 new rads & if 2 of them or more were fairly big it would have been best having 22mm from 22mm pipes, even if reducing down to 15mm after first large rad. Guess the downstairs toilet is not a large rad anyway. Perhaps you have to work with what is there & your heating guy should know if it is okay.

Cheers Best / Simon,

Plumber has been today and removed 10mm replaced with 15mm. Bled the system which seemed to take a while and i admit he had me a little worried however the rads were getting warm though the study was struggling. He turned all other rads in house off and all 3 new ones were kicking out the heat, he then balanced the system even having some rads in the house <1/4 open!

He told me to leave it a few days to let it settle down but he might have to come back and tweak it a little.

Thanks for all your help it is greatly appreciated. In honour of your help i donated some money to a couple of guys at work doing a charity bike ride to 'spread the good will' if you like.

Thanks again

Paul

Hello Gents,

Well the system looks good, all rads are working and the house is nice and warm :) There is a couple of gurgling noises every so often on the rads, i assume air still in the system but there cant be much, i will keep venting to ensure its out.

As i mentioned above, thanks again for your help

Kind regards

Paul

Don't touch it. It's your builders responsibility to get it sorted unless he knocked some money off because a blind man was on the pipes. Touch it at your peril as you've given him a get out.

IMHO that work wasn't done by a plumber.

What a shocking job! Definitely not done by a plumber. Even our village handyman would have made a better job than that. Pipes not even straight or bracketed properly. No attempt made to make the job look neat. Bet it's not been pressure tested either. Don't bother attempting to balance it because it'll be a waste of time as it's probably impossible anyway.

I take it you two haven't read the entire post. The job has been rectified by another plumber and is now working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New radiators installed, cant balance system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back