Discuss New central heating and wood stove. Whats best?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gonzegorch

Hi, i am about to start renovating my new house. I will be keeping the existing boiler but everything else, pipework, cylinder, rad's etc will be renewed. My requirements are that i want a wood burning stove to heat the rads as well as the boiler. but i would prefer presurrised hot water so i dont have the noise of electric shower pumps to get a decent shower. I have spent hours reading forums and information sites etc but have not come to a clear conclusion. dunsley convertor systems for open vented systems seem to complex and get bad reviews, I would then need the shower pumps. Thermal heat stores from speaking to heating engineers at work seem to be classed as expensive and not very efficent.

Is there a system type I have not stumbled across whilst looking on the net? what would you advise for my requiremnts. I am an electrican by trade so sorry if some questions I ask are dumb.

Any suggestions are greatly received. Thanks

would anyone recommend using a thermal heat store for what i want to acheive?

Thermal store's the way to go. Also gives you flexibility if you wan to add another woodburner / renewables etc. Dunsley neutraliser a bit outmoded now.

Is there a system type I have not stumbled across whilst looking on the net?

Most likely. An unvented cylinder heated via the solid fuel stove. Heating innovations ltd have a panel devised to acheive this arrangement. H2 as already pointed out.

Gledhill torrent, you wont bea able to use as an unvented with the wooodburner mind. However its mains supply which gives you hot water via a coil inside the cylinder and doesnt require G3 . Checkout gledhills website theres schematic drawings on there too,

Gledhill torrent is a thermal store and is not a problem with a wood/ solid fuel boiler or stove

Gledhill torrent is a thermal store and is not a problem with a wood/ solid fuel boiler or stove

Thats why i surgested it , but you can also use it as a sealed systen , unless its with a woodburning stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New central heating and wood stove. Whats best?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Back