Discuss New build plumber doing gas safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I work for a building firm as a plumber, the plumber I work with at the firm is leaving. The firm is on about putting me through my gas, for this would I need to build a gas portfolio? Would other people guessed getting gas safe registered is a good idea? I realize it will mean a bit of paper work?

How many jobs etc is needed for a portfolio? I no how to carry out let by and tightness testing. But have not had much to do with flue gas analyzers.

Could you explain more please?

Let's put it this way.

Gas Safe has just turned the GIUSP on its head. It became live on the first of this month but we won't be given an insight into the changes until August. Even training centres have been caught on the hop.

We are expected to check for industry updates regularly and comply with them immediately.

And if we don't? There's the possibility of a cell door slamming closed behind you.

Still feeling confident?

Let's put it this way.

Gas Safe has just turned the GIUSP on its head. It became live on the first of this month but we won't be given an insight into the changes until August. Even training centres have been caught on the hop.

We are expected to check for industry updates regularly and comply with them immediately.

And if we don't? There's the possibility of a cell door slamming closed behind you.

Still feeling confident?

I no its a lot of responsibility yes, what do you mean when you say even training centers have been caught in the hop?

Last edited:
released as in regulations have changed?

No. The regs haven't changed. Just the classification and treatment of unsafe situations.

You don't really need to know about it because come the time you do your training the changes will be incorporated.

Thanks for the replys, am guessing the firm I work for will need to get a new gas safe plumber in as at the moment there is no one to build a portfolio with.

Thanks for the replys, am guessing the firm I work for will need to get a new gas safe plumber in as at the moment there is no one to build a portfolio with.

either that or they find someone for you to go with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New build plumber doing gas safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock