Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss New boiler quotes, what's the going rate? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Sorry but for that price you would be doing it for nothing ! you would loose money,

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. robj20

robj20 Member

Thanks guys, appreciate the input.
    Definitely a decent company, the guy that came round that will see the job through is one of the top guys with all the degrees and what not.
    I will be back with photos once it's done see how they did.

3. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

How did you arrive at that amount?

4. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Plucked out of thin air I presume

• Like Like x 1
  5. robj20

robj20 Member

What if any cleaning steps should be done. In emails he said that a water flush through will be carried out. Seeing as its brand new everything and plastic piping is that all that's required.

6. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If you can flush all the rads before fitting, be surprised how much rubbish they can have in them

7. robj20

robj20 Member

So might be worth me connecting the flow to the mains and running it through each rad in turn?

8. ShaunCorbs

Wouldn't harm

9. Harvest Fields

If you have an open vent system I wouldn't connect the flow to the mains.:p:p:p:p

10. ShaunCorbs

New system, think he means flow then each rad

And have the rad outside to flush

11. robj20

robj20 Member

No im taking the old system out and going to a combi. We currently have an ancient Poterton boiler, a hot water cylinder and two water cisterns in the loft.

I mean once i have piped up the rads, run the return to a grid, and connect the flow to the mains. Turn the tap on and go around the house opening each radiator in turn.

12. Harvest Fields

Thought you did but was double checking ;);)

13. robj20

robj20 Member

I have been pressure testing as i go and so far its held pressure each time overnight. Probably do a final one with the system full with as much water as i can before pumping it up.

14. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

I always flush before filling the boiler towel rails always have debris from the manufacturing process , stelrad have been especially bad recently rusty water in a few i have fitted maybe from testing in the factory ? Cheers kop

15. robj20

robj20 Member

All Myson Premier Compacts so far.

• Like Like x 1