Search the forum,

Discuss New boiler advice - 4 bed multi-level Victorian house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mario123

We are renovating our house completely and need advice on what type of boiler we should install. The boiler will be in the cellar, there will be a bathroom on the first floor and another in the loft room as well as a newly built toilet in the cellar.

We plan to remove the existing cylinder or is this a bad idea?
Are there systems where it's not necessary to have a water-tank?
We plan to have underfloor heating throughout the house including the first and top floor or is this a bad idea? We wanted to remove all radiators but some people telling us underfloor heating upstairs is not a good idea.

Thanks for any advice, we really appreciate your help.

Mario

Cylinder in the centre of the house may be the best option, hot water will get to taps quicker, if you had a combi it would take a long time to get to te taps.

A 4 bedroom Victorian house will NOT NEED
1. A combi boiler of any size type or specification - so that means you will need to make space
for a mass hot water storage device.
A 4 bedroom Victorian house WILL NEED
1. A properly sized system boiler
2. Radiators on the upper floors
3. This will feed you no rad grd floor system
4. Mains pressure 'megaflow' hot water system maybe with
5. More than 1 x coil to take advantage of solar thermal heat

If your local ie 100 miles from L37 I could come and have a look

centralheatking

A 4 bedroom Victorian house will NOT NEED
1. A combi boiler of any size type or specification - so that means you will need to make space
for a mass hot water storage device.
A 4 bedroom Victorian house WILL NEED
1. A properly sized system boiler
2. Radiators on the upper floors
3. This will feed you no rad grd floor system
4. Mains pressure 'megaflow' hot water system maybe with
5. More than 1 x coil to take advantage of solar thermal heat

If your local ie 100 miles from L37 I could come and have a look

centralheatking
Depends on water pressure, if low pressure a megaflow wouldn't work

it will with a break tank and a booster pump :)

OP it all depends of your water supply and what you are looking to have done really !

list your location and a member from here could help you to make this really important decision of what to have installed to keep you happy for the next 15 years
[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Depends on water pressure, if low pressure a megaflow wouldn't work
It easy as below fit a break tank booster - added the price of a proper set up as the enquirer is looking at
its buttons and there is a really good set up which will last 4 many years -

might even outlast Croppie ! If he still STOPS having a beer or 2 - BEER IS GOOD

centralheatking

Last edited by a moderator:
It easy as below fit a break tank booster - added the price of a proper set up as the enquirer is looking at
its buttons and there is a really good set up which will last 4 many years -

might even outlast Croppie ! If he still STOPS having a beer or 2 - BEER IS GOOD

centralheatking
More things to go wrong, I would just fit tanks high up in loft and a cylinder.

You've obviously never fitted one with a comment like that! Just make sure the accumulator is bigger than the cylinder and they work perfectly.

You sound like a mate who's name is Simon who done just as you said and was going to court as the system fail to deliver hot water . Boiler cylinder all in basement income pressure 2bar flow of about 17l ......
Barhroom on the 4th floor never got any water ......
So I realise Dickies was right early on .......

I am not web going to read all be said about the ASHP as if he fail on a water not much to impress me on the renewable !

Last edited:
I'd love to answer but I'm struggling to read half these replies! English is a disgrace on this post

Sran it's not a English man that is true , an most of the time he uses his iPhone , and then he never checks the spellings !
I do apologise for that post it's really bad , I know !
All I wanted to say is that accumulator suggestion was not a good idea as there is no way accumulator will increase the mains pressure !

It won't increase it no but it will provide adequate pressure to satisfy a unvented.

More flow but it can only provide the same pressure as it gets put into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler advice - 4 bed multi-level Victorian house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4 bathrooms in total. One on the ground floor (shower), two on the 1st floor (en suite has a shower and family bathroom has a bathtub and seperate shower)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock