Search the forum,

Discuss New Bathroom questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi redmohican, sorry there have been developments it sounds serious now. :(

I suppose I was making a witty comment about the review but seems insignificant now.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Sounds like one of those tradesmen from hell you see on TV. If it was purely lack of experience, anyone who cared about the work they do would have been very embarassed and would have bent over backwards to put things right.

Trouble with some of those websites is that people can get their mates to recommend them. You can't beat word of mouth. About 50% of my work comes from word of mouth only, and a job well done with a satisfied customer is the best advert you can have.

It does affirm my suspicions that those websites are a bit of a gimmick and I for one will definitely not be using them. Reputation is everything in this business.

Regarding the 3 way valve - even the most experienced plumbers are going to come across new things they don't know how to fit, but the only thing that matters is that they find out how to do it correctly and follow the manufacturers instructions.

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested, I have today started court action against this contractor. If possible, can a Moderator please let me know if it would be helpful to others if I kept this forum up to date with the progress of the case?

Thanks for getting back redmohican, I would very much like to know the outcome.

If you are going to post, only post facts. Suppositions and speculation on a pulblic forum could be deemed hearsay and could affect your case. Of course when concluded you can write up in full! An aproved and reputable tradesman should be brought in to assess the standard and compatibility of the work done.

Trouble is, even if you win the case you can have a devil of a job getting your money back and it can be expensive getting enforcement notices and having goods seized.

Last edited:
im gonna close the thread gentlemen.
not being biassed either way, but it is an ongoing legal battle, so best not talked about until over. this does not mean the forum agrees or disagrees with the OP or has taken a side !
good luck to everyone involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Bathroom questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock