Discuss Need help with modifying stack for HE washer & Utility sink. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Could use some valued help redoing a stack to accommodate a washer and utility sink.

The plan is to have the washer, then the dryer , then the utility sink all to the left of the stack.

I believe the previous owner move the builder intended spot to make a bedroom, which I am reverting back.

I included a picture of the stack from the bottom and one from the top. It seems that there are 2 inlets into it (1 I believe from the kitchen about - top inlet, and the second lower inlet possibly from the second story washroom).

So for the Utility Sink
1) Do I hack off the left side of the horizontal 1.5" sanitary tee to connect the utility sink to

For the Washer (I assume I need to create a loop for the pipe as in the image i found on the web).
1) Do I hack above the lower sanitary tee to add a 2" long turn Y-branch
2) then create a loop (for venting) connecting back to the 1.5" abs pipe with a reverse sanitary tee.

I am not sure why they did not connect the pipe coming from the second floor to the pipe coming from the kitchen using a horizontal sanitary tee?
Or would it have been better if the upper sanitary tee be replaced with a double sanitary tee?

Many thanks for any advice.

Adrian

Attachments

• 200701_LaundryRm_007_sz2.jpg
    200701_LaundryRm_007_sz2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230413_165118.jpg
    20230413_165118.jpg
    587.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230413_165126.jpg
    20230413_165126.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Need help with modifying stack for HE washer & Utility sink. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey All-- New here as this is something I have not had to do on this scale before. I am renovating our laundry room, which currently only has the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking to install a standpipe to drain the water from the washer. I took a picture of the current set up and my plan. I was wondering if...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone...
Replies
Views
Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely...
Replies
Views
Long time listener, first time caller. I am finishing my basement but the one area I lack confidence is plumbing. I am looking to verify if what...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock