Search the forum,

Discuss Need help with a course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nikko1829

HI everyone. I need some help picking a good and reputable company to provide me with gas safe Engineering. I have 5.5k to spend on the course. Now i know all companies tell you what they can offer you, the best there is bla bla bla. My aim is to get myself Gas safe and then go with an experienced engineer to gain experience as we know you can't beat it. That part i have sorted out....Company's to look at/aviod...... Would really appreciate some advice here guys as i will be spending that amount of cash.

Being a moderator on here and having OLCI as a sponsor, that is the nominated company you would go for. Is there anyone out there who has completed any courses with OLCI.

Yep did my Gas with them, Id recommend them. Make sure you have lined up someone to build your portfolio with first though, before you shell out your money. Alot of guys fall by the wayside as they struggle with finding someone to work with. I found OLCI are great and the tutors very knowledgeable, but you MUST have someone to do the portfolio with or you will be wasting your money.

Hi Nikko1829,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

Yes I would be more than happy to give you information on our gas courses. Please give me a call me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

HI everyone. I need some help picking a good and reputable company to provide me with gas safe Engineering. I have 5.5k to spend on the course. Now i know all companies tell you what they can offer you, the best there is bla bla bla. My aim is to get myself Gas safe and then go with an experienced engineer to gain experience as we know you can't beat it. That part i have sorted out....Company's to look at/aviod...... Would really appreciate some advice here guys as i will be spending that amount of cash.

I did my basic gas course with Rad training Midlands, then a portfolio of gas work with a local GSR and then back to RAD for my CCN1 and appliances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need help with a course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice. I`ve been trying to get on an apprenticeship but I`ve had no joy so far, so I`m hoping to gain some experience by working alongside an experienced...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock