Discuss navy unions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

help in kickstarting the grey cells please.

got a std rad to be switched for a chrome towel rad and the tails are 4'' too wide.

i cant really change pipe work as it comes through the wall 't'd from the rad behind the wall just bellow its valves, plus other factors making it a pain in t bum.

what i really need to do this job quick and simple (as i want to get on with other parts of the job) is a bent union tail to 15mm so i can just fit to the valve and then on a compression to the rad as draining the whole system and re-filling is another job.
has any one seen or know of such item or other ideas how to solve the connection (i have opted out of the polish flexi by the way.lol.):rolleyes:

thanks.

what about a chrome angled female iron(if they make one)use a trv chrome 1/2 tail in the rad screw the angled iron into that,then your new tail in the other end

Use angled valves with half inch compression tails.
Screw the valve tail into the towel rail. Use 2 chrome compression elbows and a wee bit half inch chrome to go from the rail to the valve.

Btw on an earlier point about the price of copper from bandq.
Got some today.
30m x 22mm £129.90
30m x 28mm £99.90!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks tamz gas man.

but i dont want to drain down to take of the l/s valves.

does the crimping on the thread of the union seal well into an iron with ptfe or b/white well?.

PTFE will seal any thread.

Get some bungs in and swap the valves (or if a tiled or lino floor get an old towel down and just swap them). Depends how fussy the cust is if you can get away with the old nuts. If you need to change the nuts you will need to bung it.

PTFE will seal any thread.

Get some bungs in and swap the valves (or if a tiled or lino floor get an old towel down and just swap them). Depends how fussy the cust is if you can get away with the old nuts. If you need to change the nuts you will need to bung it.
combi's a bit hard to bung though?.

however it is a newly tiled wet room, but then it could stain the tiles maybee?.

You won't need to bung a combi. Take the case off and shut the AAV. Let the pressure off and just swap them. Dead easy and any spilt water won't stain the tiles.

Get two bent chrome isolation valves and the adjustable radiator tail extensions and jobs a good one, it will look shi!te but will get the job done

Get two bent chrome isolation valves and the adjustable radiator tail extensions and jobs a good one, it will look shi!te but will get the job done
funny you mention that, i got them today from plonkerfix.

wheres the aav on a duotec tamz?.

aav on duotecs one on the pump one on the top of boiler,but be warned red if the top one sticks the boiler will go in to volatile lock out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to navy unions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

HI I wonder if someone can help I have been asked if I could put in a new towel rail in an upstairs bathroom The heating system is a combi...
Replies
Views
Penged
P
T
I'm changing my old 1960s bathroom radiator for one one those new chrome towel rail jobs, and would welcome some advice about draining the system...
Replies
Views
Thurston
T
G
hiya lads, all previous jobs ive always drained down and never tried this method , need to change the valves and fit a new rad , i know the bung...
Replies
Views
Scottley
S
C
Wonder if you guys could help please. I am currently installing a wetroom and have replaced the old wooden floor with a new concrete floor that...
Replies
Views
Cornish Crofter
C
C
I'll not get into it all but I just had a crap experience of having a new heating system fitted with an unreliable plumber. While I continue to...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock