Search the forum,

Discuss My tool bag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil_Plumb

I decided that i should get around to sorting my tool bag out as all the brass in the bottom was making it a tad heavy. well that and one full tub of tiny screws. broken box of washers, and a dead tube of LS-X.

I did treat my self to a plumb tub. £8.50 from tool station, linky here
a new cylinder of gas for 'torch and a replacement wheel for pipeslice

plumb tub.jpg

Broken washer box, was it one of those clear brittle ones
( binding with tape rather spoils easy view )

no i dont buy in small quantities, i bought a box of 100.

Damn, I just designed something very similar to that Plumb Tub, was keeping it secret. How long have they been around?

Again..

I invented the workmate years ago and some guy called Decker nicked my idea.
Now this design has been nicked from me.

I'm definitely keeping quiet about my Cube with many sides and colours and my communication device you could use all over the World without having to have it permanently wired in..

I bought one of these in Toolstation today Phil, it looks really good & I'm sure will come in handy. Thanks mate for the heads up.

Its fantastic, great when working on rads, or under any pipework eg serivce valve to loo, clips onto the pipe, saves getting a mess on floor or worse still black sludge on that cream carpet - it shows you care i think!

Mine ready for action.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373359630603.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373359630603.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 187
I use empty sentinel bottles as drip trays. Leave lid on tight. Cut a big square out of the side and you have a nice drip tray.

Also handy hen your draining something you can't get your bucket (or any other bigger container) under.
You put newly made sentinel tray under whatever your draining. Take the lid off and point nozzle into bucket. Acts like a funnel type thing. And because of the handle I have them hanging on a bungee from roof of van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My tool bag in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, One for the oldies with bad knees. 1960's house- my (soldered) stopcock was in a bad way- passing water, leaking from gland and almost seized up. I initially planned turn off the water in the street, take off the top, re washer and repack and replace. Upon removing the top of the...
Replies
Views
A
My stanley magnum tool box broke on friday, perfect size box with little compartments on the fornt handy for screws plugs/ washers... Have been looking for a replacement for it all weekend but have found they no longer make them and theres none going on ebay, so is it time to invest in a open...
Replies
Views
P
thought id treat my self to a bit of male retail therapy and i went out spending: I bought: The Bosch bits are amazing, the best flat bit i have ever had the pleasure of using, the tool bag is a new one, to replace my smaller one, Its on offer at Block and Quayle for £19.98 - thats 5 quid...
Replies
Views
Dickie
D
R
Hi All Here we go with another sponsored offer. Firstly, a bit of background. Traditionally, merchants put a high mark up on fittings. We make next to no money on boilers or tube, so the received wisdom is that we put a larger mark-up on fittings. It made perfect sense until the coming of the...
Replies
Views
B
Ok, sorry if this request is a bit OTT, but as I am very new to plumbing, I really need some general guidance on buying tools, namely whats the best quality/value for each tool type, brand etc. Here's my starting list of tools, I believe I will need, if there are any missing please feel free to...
Replies
Views
biofish
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock