Currently reading:
My new van sign writing what do ya think

Discuss My new van sign writing what do ya think in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

I think it looks good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 130
I'm an honest man so i'll tell you what I think.

It looks very tacky. People will definitely notice it and you'll probably get a few laughs but the only business you're going to get from it won't generally be good business. I wouldn't want that van parked outside my house and I certainly wouldn't trust you with gas appliances.

If you were just a plumber, it could fly. Gas is serious business though and this van will lose you business.

Don't do it. Or at least lose the toilet graphics.

I personally don't think people will look at your van and say, oh I don't want that parked outside my house whilst you repair something. Do people really think like that?

I personally don't think people will look at your van and say, oh I don't want that parked outside my house whilst you repair something. Do people really think like that?

No probably not, they just wouldn't call in the first place.

Its good having all your feedback. Conversely i have also asked a lot of people who are not plumbers or guys or self employed and the vast majority love it. So my thoughts are i am gonna run with it for a while but get put it on as a magnetic sign if i can that way i can always take it off. I can take it off if it is vinyl but easier to do if magnetic.

Oops having trouble just now, the graphics although is eye catching jules it isn't my cup of tea, but we're all different and it would defo turn heads which is what it's all about, good luck with what ever you choose, ps, minions is a cracker,

I think loads of people are like that.

I contract to BG and I'd say nearly half of the customers don't like it that I haven't got British Gas splashed all across my van.

Image is important to people. I saw a bloke doing a tightness test in my road the other day and he was working out of a ford KA. If I had someone turn up to work in my house out of a car then I'd send them on their way without even letting them in my house. It may sound like I'm being a snob, but I wouldn't want someone like that in my house.

As for the sign writing, I think it's eye catching and people will talk about it etc etc, but how long will that last for?? Then you're stuck with the van for years.

I think it will shock people who call you up and haven't seen the van.

But, each to their own. If we were all the same it'd be boring.

Good luck to you :)

I think it looks good.

You could probably afford to reduce the size of the text and make it fit with a bit more space on a jumbo transit.

I think you could get away with the toilet on a different set of colours. The colours and the toilet are to far down the cheap and tacky route in my opinion.

Also, my opinion, the text used for the name makes it hard to read at a glance.

lose the minion, if needs be create your own character.

Last edited:
It's ridiculous if I'm honest! It looks cheap, tacky and I would automatically assume the tradesman driving it is the same. It looks as though your quickly grabbing the customers attention and then off to the next one. Rather than something small and simple so the regulars that you've built up over the years remember you.

Most tradesmen I know and work with don't even have their vans written.

I don't mean anything by it, just my opinion- which according to the wife is worth nothing.

After much consultation going back to the drawing board. I think i my brother put it pretty much as it is when he saw it . Only gamble what you can afford to lose.

i think if you want to be taken seriously, then a well laid out design with the right colours and an easily readable and memorable name or company logo is the way to go. it looks a bit too fussy and cheap for me, but it wouldnt bother me if it was parked outside my house.

Remove the guy sitting on the bog. Add a web address. If you do not have website get one, and add that URL.
Also, add text "Please ask us for a business card."
Replace the minion with an image of yourself, so customers know who to ask for said business card.
Your colour choice is fine.

I.M.H.O. Stay away from ideas like this.Croppie style:
article-2548657-1B12CDF000000578-52_634x446.jpg

For your more up market customers, perhaps something like this:
Vandenberg.jpg

Last edited:
After much consultation going back to the drawing board. I think i my brother put it pretty much as it is when he saw it . Only gamble what you can afford to lose.

Right choice in my opinion, trying to mix Finance with humour is not going to look good to a customer, who may well be paying for their new boiler over 10 years.

I think less is more at times and if you and pjf both priced for a job I would go for pjf as I think that looks very professional.

My girlfriend said the same as well although she loved the minion.

I personally feel it stands out due to the contrast in colours. That's what caught my eye, and on first glance didn't notice what the business type was. A van with that much writing is what you see in a field on the motorway. Agree that less is more. Offering a finance option is definitely attracting a certain type of customers. All my own opinions though.
I do like the toilet though as it adds humour, but again, is that what a customer wants when looking for a plumber or gas man??

I personally feel it stands out due to the contrast in colours. That's what caught my eye, and on first glance didn't notice what the business type was. A van with that much writing is what you see in a field on the motorway. Agree that less is more. Offering a finance option is definitely attracting a certain type of customers. All my own opinions though.
I do like the toilet though as it adds humour, but again, is that what a customer wants when looking for a plumber or gas man??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to My new van sign writing what do ya think in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back